Strength PR's

colby2152

A lot of signatures are filling up with people's triples. No, not sets of 3's, but their PR's in the big three lifts! I'll start things off and post mine as of 4/1/08.

Back Squat: 190 lbs *
Dead Lift: 265 lbs *
Bench Press: 235 lbs

TOTAL = 690 lbs
Body Weight = 235 lbs

*estimated, most likely underestimated

IMO, first you need some rules. Like,
bench: paused (which few of you do) or touching chest (which should be a rule).
Squat: pass parallell. But many don't even go TO parallell.
Deadlift: no reason for rules except git it up.
Pendlay's: touch gut or go home.
Seated Row: Too many guys use the extensiors instead of upper back for this one.
Chins: clear the bar with the chin.
Pullups: Same.
Lifts should be a max done within, what; a year's time to qualify?
Anyone should be able to do 80% of a max at any time, barring any injuries. That means when a member shows at your gym and calls you out...
I think that without rules I could show a 450lb bench, a 500 lb. squat, and, you get the idea.
Bench 345
Squat 365
Deadlift 435
Pendlay's 320
BW 212 (today)

As of Feb 14, 2008

Squat        275     a$$ to floor  
Deadlift     400     just liftin' it
Bench        245    no pause, but touching chest    
Total         920
BW  174

Even deads can have some cheating, if you are excessively hitching it. Also, conventional versus sumo will effect how much you can lift. Sumo has a shorter range of motion.
But... if we just go with what would be legal in most PL feds, uh... wait, that probably won't work either.

Anyway, currently, my 1 RMs are:

Bench - 245
Squat - 315
Dead - 500

However, these are changing a lot lately, so who knows. Maybe next week they will be different (one can hope anyway...)

And, as Bax showed in his post, it is important to show what these are in relationship to bodyweight. So... I think I may update my sig to reflect that. Obviously at higher bodyweights, you should have heavier lifts to have the same relative strength.

But also remember, strength does not track linearly with bodyweight. Hence the use in the strength sports of coefficient formulas.

The lightest class has a record equivilant to 6x bodyweight for squat, which would require a 242lb person to squat 1452lbs

Darn it, I thought Aaron was finally going to divulge his powerlfiting PRs publicly!

Mine are nothing special, but here goes:
These are actually pretty old PRs, since I haven't been able to break them since my 'enhanced' summer bulk.  I am getting close though and at a lower bodyweight this time, as I am overall leaner (and natural).
Bench: 255
Deadlift: 385
Squat: I don't know because I never have a spotter to judge my form, so I doubt I break parallel on the really heavy stuff.  I would guess around 295 breaking parallel. (PL legal)

Other lift I am getting strong on is my chest-supported rows, which I have done as high as 205 for 5 max-stim reps (only very brief pause, like a deadlift)

My PRs are listed elsewhere, nothing amazing, gotta get better.

As my signature elsewhere goes

Aaron is a great big wimp.

Seems I am the weakling here, but who cares?

Bodyweight: 157.0 lbs.

Bench Press: 172 lbs. - touching the chest and pausing for two seconds.
Squat: 164 lbs. - going as deep as I can possibly go.
Deadlift: 264 lbs.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Apr. 03 2008,22:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But also remember, strength does not track linearly with bodyweight. Hence the use in the strength sports of coefficient formulas.

The lightest class has a record equivilant to 6x bodyweight for squat, which would require a 242lb person to squat 1452lbs</div>
Which always makes me feel wimpy. My current short term goal is a 325 lb deadlift -- 2.5 x BW. But there are guys in my weight class lifting 5xBW...!
wow.gif

I've only just started doing bench presses again, after an enforced lay off of nearly six months. My old PR was 125 lbs. I'll have to work up to that again.

So I suppose my current total would be a wimpy 675...
sad.gif

Xfat: you're a noob, so it's irrelevant. You've consistently gotten stronger on a cut. That's relevant.
TR: don't forget to use the right age class. I do pretty well for mine, but should mention that I have to use a manta ray to squat, because of my trap problem. Not legal.
Aaron: C'mon man, you KNOW we won't laugh!
laugh.gif

From many many moons ago...I haven' lifted below my 5 rep max in years!

Flat bench 300 pounds
Flat bench dumbells 125 to 130 pound dumbells
Decline bench 335 pounds
Box Squat 360 pounds
deadlift 315

I could get close to some of those numbers now in about 6 months if I wanted to with the exception of bench press due to torn pec / bicep tendon.

The deadlift would severly kick my ass since I don't do them at all now and I haven't done box squats in YEARS...so my ATG squats would be pathetic....but these are the only numbers I have to post since I don't hardly go REAL heavy anymore!

It's great to see this thread has been well received! I think rules can apply to the deadlift. I'm not sure what hitching means, but there is a significant difference in strength for me when it comes to the SL/Romo DL compared to the actual Deadlift.

Thus far, triples for people...
Quad = 1145
Tot = 1060
JoeMuscle = 975
Bax = 920
Sci = 905
il_dottore = 754
Colby = 690
XFM = 600

Just for the record...I bet 90% of you are &quot;currently&quot; stronger than myself.

Again these are all &quot;old&quot; numbers for me b/c I don't lift heavy anymore.

I don't want to lose my honest reputation now!
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

To be confirmed and perhaps improved upon soon...

ATG Squats - 315
Sumo Deads - 425
Bench - 255 (touch chest and go - no pause, but no bounce either)

well cant squat or dead at the minute but my last known figures were......

bench press barbell 5rm 330lb flat and decline, 280lb incline .db's 120's havent done 1rm im too scared
sad.gif

squat 396lb(180kg) that was the most i ever lifted havent got near it since last year average 330lb 1rm.

dead 485lbs 1rm no straps or belt, last year.

barbell row 225lbs 5rm not my best lift.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 04 2008,10:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It's great to see this thread has been well received! I think rules can apply to the deadlift. I'm not sure what hitching means, but there is a significant difference in strength for me when it comes to the SL/Romo DL compared to the actual Deadlift.

Thus far, triples for people...
Quad = 1145
Tot = 1060
JoeMuscle = 975
Bax = 920
Sci = 905
il_dottore = 754
Colby = 690
XFM = 600</div>
Don't forget Lol, dominating with 1155.

So Quad, just add 10 pounds to one of those lifts and you can catch up to his total at least. Whereas I have to stack on 95 lbs between all my lifts. I doubt deads will be going up much more, which means I need to divide that up between squat and bench somehow...

Back