X5 rep and negatives

So nearly completed my 10 rep week. Was few compounds and isolations

Not sure hiw to plan my x 5 rep week and negatives.

Was thinking of alternating deads, squats and leg press.. Then doing bench, pull ups , bent rows on all days (x3 pw for 5s)

unsure of negatives train on my own but gym has eveverything.

on a light cal surplus ATM and goal is to put 2 kgs on over cycle of 8 weeks

Read Totentanz's new HST eBook. Having proofread it, it covers this common question quite well IMO.

Ok will do. I realise being a tad lazy but found I hard to get all that info in one place. Will check it out now.
I meant 2 weeks of 10s

Bump

So 5s finish on monday. Negs start on wed.

few more questios on negatives section.

waS thinking of continuing alternating squats and deads for 5s see if I can progress a bit.

then adding negs on leg ext, leg curl, preacher bi curls,db oh tri ext,

im on my own so struggling to think of negs on chest and shoulders.

thinking of doing 2 reps followed by 3 negs. Unsure of how many sets per body part.?

I'm not sure if you can do negatives for chest and shoulders. The main lifts to do negatives on would be dips for chest and push press for shoulders. Push pressing the weight up and then doing a standard military press form as you lower the weight. With your history, I don't know if those are actually options for you.

This part of the FAQ may clarify things a bit: http://thinkmuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?12704-Negatives-eccentrics

Thanks for link. Will check it out.
Just reading your journal like the sound of your new proposed routine my try a similar thing after SD! Time to up it a level

Smith Machine + squatting the weight back up.

Do not underestimate how useful that technique is for chest and shoulders.

The other option is one-hand down, two-hands up for same apparatus.

That's pretty clever actually . Think I'm a bit scared to try the squatting technique. But two up one down on smith is a good one

Re: squatting - it's cumbersome, not dangerous. Do the negative, get out of chair, move chair, squat it up, replace chair, repeat. It works on squat rack (if you don't have access to a smith)

Two up, one down is something I like a lot.

Back