Some help please!

Matt Proctor

Hi there!

I am hoping to set up a strength specific training cycle at the end of my next hst cycle. The aim is to develop my bench, squat and deadlift and any other big compound movement. I have read through the forum on strength specific training and basically have no clue on how to set it up, frequency, intensity, how to train, basically everything. If somebody could please post a basic training regime with instructions top follow to get me started it would be very much appreciated

Cheers!!!

I'm doing a strength cycle too.
I just finished my last hst workout. I've been using a little different rep scheme, 6 reps in the last block instead of 5
(15-10-6-6)

Would it be ok to do a 3-rep block of hst style training with lesser isolation exercises and a lower frequency, say twice a week? I want to improve all of my compound movements, not just bps, dls and squats.
How many sets should I use per bodypart? Should I use smaller increments, 2.5 kg instead of 5 kg? (5 kg only used for back and legs) Any advice would be appreciated.

The last time I tried extending my hst cycle with strength training, I failed miserably. I did Korte 3x3 and my bp actually went down a bit.
PLEASE ANSWER SOON. I NEED TO DO MY FIRST WORKOUT ON FRIDAY OR GO ON SD.

Back