Protein shakes mixed w/milk or water - which tastes better?

I tried that a couple of years ago (tried both vanilla and chocolate and got it at Sam's Club). It tasted absolutely nasty. Then I saw a while ago that they re did the flavoring so I bought another 5 pound bag and it was 1,000,000 times better tasting than the original stuff. It's a pretty good price too at Sam's Club. I also used EAS Whey protein for a few years when Sam's Club was selling it. Actually I think I may have seen some smaller 2 or 3 lb. bags at Sam's Club the last time I was there. The EAS vanilla tastes like @ss but the chocolate is OK.

Just out of curiosity, how much did it cost?

Yep, I bought the same stuff at Sam's a few years back and it was good stuff. Only the chocolate though.

I practically live on Muscletech whey protein plus. Been drinking it with milk almost daily for about a year now. It's got Creatine already mixed in, great quality and great taste.

I practically live on Muscletech whey protein plus. Been drinking it with milk almost daily for about a year now. It's got Creatine already mixed in, great quality and great taste.

Have you tried the vanilla flavor lately? The original vanilla, before they reformulated the flavors, tasted horrible. I like to mix up the flavors because I get sick of the same thing all the time. So I'm curious how the vanilla tastes now.

I just picked up a bag of chocolate flavor of the Muscletech Whey Protein Plus. I see they now also make a cookies and cream flavor...I wonder how that one tastes...

Me too. When this product first came out both the chocolate and vanilla tasted horrible but the vanilla was actually so bad that I had to throw it away. I've been afraid to try it again even though they have reformulated their flavors.

Pre-workout, I mix whey with water, add creatine, honey and cinnamon.
Post-workout, I mix whey with milk (whatever I have... usually half-fat) and add honey and cinnamon. Yeah, I like cinnamon.

Unflavoured. I like the taste of paint.
Actually, I don't, which is why I add honey and cinnamon.

A week or 2 without a protein shake ain't gonna hurt while on holidays. Forget the shakes and just enjoy the food. I'm sure you won't have trouble fitting your calories in.

Back