5 Dead Squat D
5 Row Chin R
6 Press Dip M
6 Sit Raise R
7 Chin Row D
7 Squat Dead R
8 Raise Sit M
8 Dip Press R

Why don't you just combine repetition days with ME/DE days? You should have accessory work with the ME and DE days also. There's not really much at all for hamstrings and triceps. I would say just do regular Westside 4x a week, and make ME days heavy accessory days, and DE days light accessory days.

Just my $0.02

actually doing reps after max effort sounds like an interesting idea. dont low intensity workouts actually help reduce soreness? it could just be considered an extra workout. And since he isnt doing accessory work on those days, he's not actually doing more... just spreading it out over the week.

if you follow a lot of the westside stuff, most struggle with the extra workouts. For most if you do your ME and DE days there is no need for anything else

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why is that?
The ME and DE stuff are hard by themselves, unless you have mammoth work capacity, you will suffer with the additional days. Unless you are doing them extreeeeemely submaximal

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Sep. 30 2004,4:51)]if you follow a lot of the westside stuff, most struggle with the extra workouts. For most if you do your ME and DE days there is no need for anything else
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why is that?
The ME and DE stuff are hard by themselves, unless you have mammoth work capacity, you will suffer with the additional days. Unless you are doing them extreeeeemely submaximal
While I'm increasing frequency, I'm also reducing volume. More specifically, I'm spreading the volume over a course of a week. In fact, I'm actually doing significantly less volume overall compared to a standard WSB routine. Am I missing something?

I dont think the reduced volume is enough to counter the increased frequency, especially seeing as with WSB, you are basically lifting heavy 4x weekly. Sure the DE days are lighter, but thye require you to put in maximal force (ie you maybe lifting 200lb, but you are meant to put 400lb worth of effort into it)
it can be very hard.

but if you monitor everything, it maybe all fine.

A day or so off is however, a wonderful thing :)

BigBang.. do you use rubber bands for your Dynamic work? Are they necessary for the speed movements to be effective?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Oct. 03 2004,12:05)]BigBang.. do you use rubber bands for your Dynamic work? Are they necessary for the speed movements to be effective?
My college gym has neither chains nor bands, so no. They're optimal, but not necessary.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (camarosuper6 @ Oct. 05 2004,12:24)]I do WSB... and simply use HST principles for my ancillary work...
I love it.
How do you avoid RBE when maxing out twice a week?

As long as teh loading is progressive, and tehre is some period of deconditioning/unloading, there shouldnt be a problem.

Look at it from Calkids analogy in the general training forum

that's what I'm doing now. I'm doing Bench and Squat WSB style, albeit lower volume. Heavy day one day, speed day 72 hours later. I do back, biceps and calves HST style, 3-4 times a week, progressive weights, etc. I like it a lot so far.

Back