max stim- my thoughts

relative strength has increased as well

actually getting lean again incorportaing max stim

attempting to enhance strength while dropping fat and training thai boxing 3-5 days per week

thanks
Coach Hale
www.maxcondition.com

For my next cycle, I was going to slow bulk with Dual Factor training, but I have been interested in Max-Stim for some time. This is the exact post I was looking for because I need my strength to improve more than it does in a standard HST cycle. I can only afford to eat as much at the rate of a slow bulk. Max-Stim is a bit time consuming with the reracking and m-time, so I assume I should stick with less exercises.... possible an AB split: Deads/Squats, Bench/Dips, Chins/Rows, Arnold Press/Military Press along with a decent warmup routine for my abs and obliques.

Max-Stim is a bit time consuming with the reracking and m-time

Max Stim saves time. FACT!

Honestly, you'll be able to get more work done, in less time

<div>
(coach hale @ May 10 2007,09:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i have gotten significantly leaner over the past 8weeks while simultaneously increase my strength levels

thanks
Coach Hale
www.maxcondition.com</div>
As have I, on my cut, Coach....I think the rumor that you must lose tons of strength on a cut has finally been put do sleep
tounge.gif

<div>
(coach hale @ May 10 2007,09:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">set new PR with stiff legged dead yesterday

i have gotten significantly leaner over the past 8weeks while simultaneously increase my strength levels

thanks
Coach Hale
www.maxcondition.com</div>
What's your volume and frequency been like while dieting?

<div>
(quadancer @ May 11 2007,20:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">WHERE do you guys get this &quot;Max Stim saves time&quot; stuff? These sets seem to take forever!</div>
Quad, it really depends on how you normally set up your routine.

Let's say you were using 5X5 with a rep cadence of 1/1

That's 50secs of actual loading. Add in the rest between sets, say 3 minutes, so that would equal 15 minutes and 50 secs for all 5 sets. Even if you were using 2 minutes between sets it still equals 10' 50&quot;

MS

again using a 1/1 cadence, and we'll say 25 reps as well.

first 5 reps, using 5-7 secs rest in between each rep = 25-35 secs rest
next 5 reps using 7-10 secs between each = 35 -50 secs
next 5 reps using 10-15 secs between each =50-65 secs
next 5 reps using 15-20 secs between each = 65-100 secs
next 5 reps using 20-30 secs between each = 100-150 secs

Total load time = 50 secs
Total rest time = 275 secs-400 secs or ~ 5-7 minutes

Total time 6-8 minutes for 25 reps.

Naturally if there is increased set up time between lifts that adds up.

It feels like they take forever because you are performing all 25 reps before moving to another exercise, but if you actually measure the time MS takes vs the time you would normally take I bet they are about equal or MS may even be shorter.

I'm trying now to incorporate the max-stim into my current cycle; the only problem is that I don't know whether I should superset or not. It says &quot;if desired&quot;... what's that supposed to mean? I'm sure not going to do any extra sets unless it's definitely beneficial. Can someone explain the supersetting to me?

<div>
(co1889 @ May 13 2007,17:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm trying now to incorporate the max-stim into my current cycle; the only problem is that I don't know whether I should superset or not.  It says &quot;if desired&quot;... what's that supposed to mean?  I'm sure not going to do any extra sets unless it's definitely beneficial.  Can someone explain the supersetting to me?</div>
If you are doing two exercises per BP then a good option is to superset a good isolation stretch movement directly after your main compound but this isn't necessary. A good example would be bench pres followed by pec dec or fly. Where strength is concerned it's probably not a good idea.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It feels like they take forever because you are performing all 25 reps before moving to another exercise, but if you actually measure the time MS takes vs the time you would normally take I bet they are about equal or MS may even be shorter. </div>
Nope, it actually TOOK forever because I'd done it a long while after skimming the MS article...and I was incorrectly resting for 30 secs from the start. No wonder it felt so easy! I never got tired! DUH!
You know we guys rarely read the instructions or directions...
biggrin.gif

MS is da s...kicker 4 strength!
ghostface.gif
I've complemented my CLuster-cycle with MS during the last 4 or 5 weeks, as the weights are gettin really heavy. I still make Strength gains although I'm cutting, too.

<div>
(quadancer @ May 14 2007,17:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It feels like they take forever because you are performing all 25 reps before moving to another exercise, but if you actually measure the time MS takes vs the time you would normally take I bet they are about equal or MS may even be shorter. </div>
Nope, it actually TOOK forever because I'd done it a long while after skimming the MS article...and I was incorrectly resting for 30 secs from the start. No wonder it felt so easy! I never got tired! DUH!
You know we guys rarely read the instructions or directions...
biggrin.gif
</div>
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, yup that would do it.

just started using max-stim for my bis,am using my 10rm at the moment but will increase every wk see how it goes.
doing curls with my partner i do 1 curl then hand the barbell to him and he does 1 curl etc
biggrin.gif
we stand facing each other and get some strange looks
laugh.gif
as the weight goes up i might have to start taking a bit more M time
rock.gif
it does feel sort of strange doing my 10rm 20 times
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

I have been on a cutting cycle these last 10-12 weeks or so. I started MS on days when my energy was lagging and switched completely in the last couple of weeks. My strength has gone up past my bulking cycle 5RMs in nearly all of my lifts. This could be due to the fact that I am relatively still new since I have only been training for a year an a half now.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">it does feel sort of strange doing my 10rm 20 times</div>
Just wait until you get to the point where you do 20 reps with your 3RM. Lots of fun!
tounge.gif

Back