Incoming newbie

make sure you have plenty of protein pre and post workout you can use whey or real food whichever you prefer.

after that just eat good food chicken,fish,meat,milk,eggs,oats,vegetables,fruit,

Hello everyone,

I have now started the 5-rep maximum workout level.

Here are some comparison pics. The one on the left is my SD pics and the right pic is my today's right-off-the-bed photo.

It appears I have lost some fat, but although I am consuming around 140gr of whey protein (plus egg, chicken, meat, fish in rotation) daily. There is very little growth in size. Is this normal, am I doing it correctly or should I up the intensity?

Thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/akinu/uuhu.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/akinu/feae.jpg

There seems to be very little growth in size. 140 grams of protein is plenty. Your workout is probably great. Your problem must lie within your diet. How many calories are you consuming per day?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Feb. 06 2007,12:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There seems to be very little growth in size.  140 grams of protein is plenty.  Your workout is probably great.  Your problem must lie within your diet.  How many calories are you consuming per day?</div>
Its possibly that. Based on my visit to a dietician, I know that my maintenance is 1680 kcal. I am trying to eat just slightly above that, as I am finding it very very very difficult to stay lean and keep my bodyfat levels low. But apparently, this is not working. I am really concerned about keeping my bodyfat levels low and eat mostly protein.

But I guess I will have to get into carbs more to create a big caloric surplus. What about weight gainers?

Akinu, you need to do a little study first. At your caloric requirements, you won't really be needing 'weight gainers' since it should be easy to acclimate yourself to enough food to meet your needs. Since you want to stay leaner, slow bulk is your ticket, and beginning with 250 cals above maintenance should start some gains. 1 lb. a week (average your daily weights) is about what you're looking for. You don't really need 2g protein/lb. bw, but 1 to 1-1/2g is enough. That leaves you more carbs for energy and glycogen filling.
If 250 isn't doing the trick, go to 500. Or do like I do, just stay stuffed all the time!
wow.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You don't really need 2g protein/lb. bw, but 1 to 1-1/2g is enough</div>

Thanks quad, but I couldn't understand this. I weigh 149 pounds so I am aiming for around 150gr protein which makes 1gr protein per bodyweight in lb. Or do you mean something else?

You're getting enough protein, according to all the new info coming out. If your exersize is taxing you properly, it's diet; if your diet is in order, it's the workout.

If both your diet and workout are pushing the proper limits; you are growing. Until you're as old as me.

Back