Incline in the Bench Press

chitownrat

OK. So I went to find out my maxes and I was checking out machines because I couldn't find a bench that manually adjusted to incline. So I did a machine called "Iso Lateral Wide Chest". It's a seated machine. I really like the way it worked my chest. My arms kind of come inward and I can feel my pecs squeeze. A little later I found a bench that could manually incline, so I tried it, but I didn't get that nice squeeze in my pecs because my arms were going straight up. Now my question is, should I stay on the Seated machine and not worry about that slight incline. Also, what if I just put a folded towel around the middle of my back? Would that help? Could I use that on the seated machine?

Go ahead and use the machine that you "like" as long as it is a compound movement. Meaning, if it's a full oressing motion and not a pec-dec, it will work just fine. You may want to try the adjustable bench in the future. Or, you may even alternate between the machine and the adjustable bench form workout to workout.

So, the short answer is use the machine you like for now. :)

Back