Frequency

Fausto

HST Expert
It seems to me that both full R.O.M. and increased volume is better for hypertrophy of some of the muscles, quads comes to mind, I think pecs too respond to this, there are a few others.

Anyone care to comment, I am entering SD which I will keep to 9 days, then I will start a higher volume cycle such as a 30 rep throughout.

example:

15 x 2/10 x 3/5 x 6

I will use somewhat reduced loads to accomodate the volume.

I will perform these Mon/Wed/Fri:

Deadlifts/Squats (alternated, deads on Wed only!)
15° B/B benchpress
Chins (underhand close grip)
Seated Cable Rows (Low pulley)
Military press
Abs (personal choice)

and these Tue/Thur with same volume.

Tabata on cycle (HIIT type cardio 4 minutes)
Incline Lateral Raises
Incline Curls (D/B)
Cable tricep extension (flat)

Any comments
rock.gif

Even though volume is up why not keep the load as high as poss for at least one set of each workout? Also, I tried doing 30 reps for a cycle but during second week of 5s, 6 sets seemed too much to me so I did 4. Results were good. This cycle my strength is up already.

I think I remember you saying you train at home so I guess that's why no dips?

Have a pleasant SD.

Fausto...I am really looking forward to seeing your results on this cycle.

I think as long as you eat more...then more sets (controlled sets) will elicit more growth.

As bryan has said in the past more sets normally equal more growth...(within reason of course.)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think I remember you saying you train at home so I guess that's why no dips?</div>

You memory serves you right! And its a bitch, I feel that dips are the cherry on the cake in terms of chest building, although I try to compensate with declines, both because of injury on shoulder and because it is the closest to a dip.

I do some sets in the kitchen's bar stools with body weight, when no-one is watching lest they call me crazy!
laugh.gif
Which they already do.

IMO it is easier to build a bigger chest than a bigger, longer... you know what! And every man would like both to be big so as to satify ego! Just a rambling! Well at least it is more feasible!
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway to go back to more serious matters:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Even though volume is up why not keep the load as high as poss for at least one set of each workout?</div>

I am doing that, but because it is so many sets at teh 5's I have to sacrifice a little of the load, I think about 10% or so! Not much, so as to build in the efficacy, or else as you say it gets too dang much!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Fausto...I am really looking forward to seeing your results on this cycle.</div>

Joe...my biggest pain...I never get to eat enough...so my growth is mostly limited, althoug I am not unhappy, it cannot be test as I am as randy as anything, more so now than before...surely that is the best indicator!
biggrin.gif

But I am going to eat as much as I can, and with a cycle like that, you cannot help it as your body ends up demanding more anyways!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As bryan has said in the past more sets normally equal more growth...(within reason of course.)</div>

I also remember reading somethinhg to that effect...well the proof is in the eating as they would put it!

i have done simaler and as lol said droped the 5s down to 4 sets but used my normal 5s weight didnt drop any
biggrin.gif

Fausto: I believe the angled dip stations came from Vince Goronda...he started dipping on the railings at the corner of his back deck! Surely you can find another way...perhaps a couple of 2x4's on edge, joined with a couple of crossmembers, and rounded off where you put your hands...put them across a couple of tables, your kitchen counter, or the back of mama's car. Your $6.00 dip station.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">perhaps a couple of 2x4's on edge, joined with a couple of crossmembers, and rounded off where you put your hands</div>

What on earth are 2 x 4's?

Back