Critique my rountine

WhiteLightning

Hey guys im going to start my first hst routine and i was thinking of doing the 15, 10 5 style here are my excercises.....correct me if needed please.

Legs
Lunges 2 sets
deadlifts 1 set

chest
Incline dumbell 2 sets
Flat barbell 1 set

Back
Lat pulldowns 2 sets
T bar 1 set

Shoulders
Military press barbell 1 set
Front Raises 1 set
Rear delt 1 set

Traps
dumbell shrugs 2 sets

Triceps
Skull crushers 2 sets

Biceps
Barbell curl 2 sets

Calves
seated calf raises 2 sets

How does that look gusy

Personally, I like the way your workout covers everything. Are you new to lifting, or just new to HST?

Certain things most guys around here "insist" upon: Squats and dips. Add or substitue them in if you can.

I'd say up the military press to 2 sets. Up all your 2 set lifts to 3 sets once you're in the 5s. Also, maybe do 2 sets of lunges (or better yet, squats) and one set DLs, then the next workout, do one set lunges (squats), two sets DLs, and keep alternating.

Arm work can just be one set. Drop the shrugs, and do them as an integral part of the dead lift.

I'd also do 2 sets of the t-bar row. You want to work the upper back muscles (between the shoulder blades & posterior delts) as much as any other muscle, important for growth and also good posture.

Also follow e's recomendations.

thanks for the reply guys....ill switch it around. To answer your question i am not new to lifting just to hst. I dont see a lot of people doing both incline and flat is that still ok?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I dont see a lot of people doing both incline and flat is that still ok?</div>

Mostly a waste of time, do incline and dips, either alternate or split the sets and do 1 incline + 2 dips (on 5's for example), 1 + 1 on 15's and 10's - up to you.

as the guys have already mentioned drop lunges,flat-bench,front-raises,do
squat,dips,2sets of millitary-press that will work your front and side delts
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Back