AWESOME!!!

smunky

SWEET idea for having an SST forum. I got tired of searching for threads all the time, heheh...

Ok, so an SST training question: Anyone here do plyometrics? I know Blade has a statement in the FAQ's about it, and I've asked before about it, but just wondering if anyone has any particularly good experiences with it, and what exercises they do.

YAY SST FORUM!

More than awesome Bryan!
thumbs-up.gif

WoooHooo........ I'm hoping to start strength by next fall - Great job Bryan - thanks for the new board!!!!

About time we had a science-based Strength forum.

Too much and too often we have these basket case "experts", who, by their sado-masochistic love for pain eventually lift a respectable amount of weight then pass themselves off as a "strength expert".

Quite often, these strength experts deride bodybuilders for their "lack of strength" when in fact, they speak with fork tongue because they failed in their bodybuilding endeavours and from there, embraced "strength" as a cover up for their failure.

Worse still are the "experts" with a few alphabets after their names who begin preaching complicated, near esoterically named methods who summarize their protocols with statements like "it's all about intensity and progressive overload."

What rubbish.

We will have real science for a change.

Bravo Bryan, bravo! :)

Can someone knowledgable give a breif description of the various powerlifting programs ou there like the Korte,
Loui simmons etc.It would be really helpful for people like me

:) Anoop

Anoopbal

thats exactly what I have been working on, but I have been busy in the laboratory, and my daughters in for an operation tomorrow which takes out more time. But I will add in several different plain powerlifting plans, including Metal Militia, Westside and its variants, Korte, Coan, Smolov/Sheiko and whatever else i can think of.
Nothing too extreme tho, but it may help combine things into a simple approach

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Jan. 26 2004,2:19)]Anoopbal
thats exactly what I have been working on, but I have been busy in the laboratory, and my daughters in for an operation tomorrow which takes out more time. But I will add in several different plain powerlifting plans, including Metal Militia, Westside and its variants, Korte, Coan, Smolov/Sheiko and whatever else i can think of.
Nothing too extreme tho, but it may help combine things into a simple approach
I was just going to request such a thing, but fortunately read your post right before.

I haven't the slightest idea where to start with strength training. Therefore, I would like to request that this strength HOWTO will start from the very basics. It sounds that some of you have had at least some exposure to this topic - I wish I had been so lucky. I wish you and your daughter the best, Aaron...

I'm bumping this up based on Techno's request for some solid strength training guidelines. I've been weight training for some time now and also got caught up in the allure of more muscle mass once I was done with my athletic career.

But as the addage say, "the grass is always greener on the other side." I got the mass and now long to be the athlete I once was. I miss the speed, power, skill, and grace I was blessed with. I'm to the point now where I want to be prepared for any physical endevour I choose, rather than be "preparing" for my next meal.

So who are the sports zealots on the board? I'm not talking powerlifting. I'm talking all around athletes. The kind of guys that play a different sport based on the season it is. I understand that other forms of training must be incorporated to excel in athletics. But what method of WEIGHT traing do you incorporate?

Back