Andy Boltons 1012 DL attempt

RUSS

At the BPC british , two things caught my eye about Andy's lift - 1) speed off the floor 2) How close to a down signal he was. Obviously it's within his grasp to complete.

WARNING: you may want to decrease volume when watching clips - obnoxiously loud airhorns during the entirety of the attempt. Link to clips below:

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum.php?a=520

smile.gif

What an incredible attempt. Andy will get that soon. Interesting that his grip seemed to fail yet he must train heavier than that for rack pulls.

Impressive speed off the floor too.

Andy Bolton is a huge man. He should try strongman next. I saw Benedikt Magnusson (another world class deadlifter) doing a european strongman event on espn2 the other day. He was doing well too. Sheer size and brutal strength can go a long way.
I would guess if Andy trained for it, he could get into elite level strongman contests.

I know he does 1000lb rack pulls for reps weekly , I think it was just one of those tough breaks. I think atlas stones and donkey cart deads would be a breeze for Andy in wsm competition but tend to agree with Aaron about his conditioning for more aerobic events - I have never heard or read of Andy doing any real cardio . I think he should stick with what he's doing - building a legacy as one of PLing's all time greats.
smile.gif

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Jul. 17 2007,04:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">depends on the strongman setup, andy may be too big/unfit to handle the endurance aspect.
wow.gif
</div>
That is why I said &quot;if andy trained for it&quot;. Training meaning (for him) mainly losing weight and improving conditioning, along with typical strongman drills.

ya, but andy's strenght has a fair bit to do with his size. In his desire for the 1000lb lift, he gained a reasonable amount of weight and created an even greater budda belly. helped his squatting as well.

Back