Wonder Drug

BIZ

Has anyone ever used a supplement that they can honestly say helped them gain noticeable muscle mass? I mean besides the basics like protein, glutamine, creatine, and EFA's.

Yeah, for me, it was, in the order of discovery

(1) calories
(2) protein
(3) glucosamine, EFA, vitamin B complex, CLA, multi, calcium

For (3), I listed many items, because the time that I started taking them coincides with the time that I began to recover well (slowly get stronger) from my workouts, despite being on caloric deficit diet.

I don't know which one of items in (3) is actually responsible for my ability to recover while in caloric deficit mode. My guess is EFA (because of its anti-oxidant effects) ... but can't be sure. I need to isolate what is really helping me, but I am too lazy to conduct the necessary/objective experiment ...

Thanks for the reply virtualcyber. I know what you mean. There have been times I stacked things and had no idea what was helping me...

I can give you my top 5 supps:
1. Protein (whey/casein)
2. EFA's (fish oil)
3. Creatine
4. Multi-Vitamin/Mineral
5. Ephedrine/Caffeine

One of the keys to the gains I have made thus far is getting in and out of the gym in no more than 45 minutes and stress management. The #1 most powerful tool I have that has helped me is my brain! I am dead serious. I have never felt limited by genetics or plateaus, even though they rasie their ugly head sometimes, because I believe in my ability to grow bigger.

Back