when to take protein/creatine

• Thread starter imported_davidwillis
  • Start date
No, I was talking about dirt mixed with water.
biggrin.gif

I just have issues with people who talk about dirty food, clean foods and so on. Yes, there are chemicals in foods that should be moderated or even avoided, but if taking the extremist view (not saying you are) we would end eating wheat grass and brocolli (oops watch out for E-Coli there as well), not what I would call a life. For instance HFCS is a hot topic right now, and I agree it's not the best source of carbs, but.......it's not the root of all that's evil either and the occasional indulgence isn't gonna cause you to drop dead or immediately get NIDDM. For instance in 1970, individual consumption of fructose was only about .5 lb/year, in 1997, 62.4 lb/year. This corresponds with the trends in obesity and NIDDM. So it's not the sweetener, it's the amount. Top that off with no activity and not accounting for the additional caloric content and what do you get??

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Top that off with no activity and not accounting for the additional caloric content and what do you get?? </div>

Type I Diabetes

What do I win?!

Well the whole wheat grass thing...that is an amazing idea even if you eat junk food because it helps balance out the pH levels in your blood making it more &quot;alkaline&quot;.
It is always a good idea not to consume substances not naturally found in nature.

I actually have arguments with my dad about me encouraging eating like the native american hunter/gatherers. He says he'd rather enjoy himself-drinking hard liquor, ice cream, blood red steaks, surplus calories 24/7, diet coke(the worst kind of diet drink made), and other stuff along those lines. I'd rather live a long healthy life vs being a diabetic, standard american diet eating, cancer-case waiting to happen.

Seriously though...the food industry gets away with way to much crap in the foods produced.

Where are you getting all this &quot;natural food&quot; BS. You sound like my hippy mom. She talks about health food and herbs all the time, but doesn't exercise and doesn't have the best health. I on the other hand exercise heavily, eat and drink just about everything and anything...including fast food, red meat, liquor, 'junk' food, etc. I am in fantastic shape and have good health.
You seem to be influenced by one of those 'crunchy granola' books that tell you if eat 'natural' foods you will live forever.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

You prolly have enough muscle to get away with indulging yourself w/red meat and drinking. You might even be genetically blessed with a high metabolism.

I mean the red meat is fine. That is more of a personal preference...drinking.............i am not sure if this is with everybody but i do know for a fact that it has increased estrogen levels in men and over a long period of time given them gyno. I am sure you would see improvement if you cut out alcohol completely because that is one thing less that your body is having to detox. I mean, why consume poison?

They say wine is good for the heart and to drink a glass a day-that probably only works with people that lack in the GOOD nutrients found in wine from other foods.

<div>
(Cova @ Dec. 13 2006,16:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I actually have arguments with my dad about me encouraging eating like the native american hunter/gatherers.

Seriously though...the food industry gets away with way to much crap in the foods produced.</div>
Seriously, when was the last time you ate like a hunter/gatherer? You're what? 17 years olds, I'm sure every day you go out and pick berries and nuts maybe bring down a wild squirrel (in your backyard) and cook it over an open fire, or perhaps some dried salted fish that you spent all day fishing for.

Not raggin on ya just let's be honest here. Like I said I fully agree with living and eating as healthly as you'd like but for the most part you couldn't be a hunter/gatherer or eat like one even if you wanted too.

Red meat....yumm!!!  I love a good steak! If I could afford it I would eat a nice porterhouse steak for dinner every night!

In this corner: the &quot;SAD diet is killing us slowly&quot; guy
In the other corner: the &quot;my grandpa smoked and drank and lived to 95!&quot; guy

Seriously, this kind of argument is not going to be resolved on this board.

Yeah, my great grandmother smoked and lived to 96 and only died because she was paralyzed....i think she coulda lived longer. But she also ate fairly healthy.

Excess is the main problem with alcohol. There is an enzyme that helps get rid of certain amounts without any dmg done.  

I know there are more factors involved but...hey why consume something that is proven time and time again to cause problems, right?

Back