The Ultimate Diet v2.0

Tom Treutlein

I always hear about this book being revolutionary. I've heard of plenty of people having great results with it, which is awesome. However, abs tend to start showing around 9-11% bodyfat, roughly. I know, it depends on their size, your genetics, water retention etc. but in general, you can safely assume abs will show out around then. Maybe even around 12% for some, though not incredibly defined.

Anyway, for someone who is between 13-15% bodyfat, would this book/its diet be worthwhile, or are they best suited to something more generic, like moderate carbs, EFAs, and 1g/lb. protein with some HIIT for losing weight?

I've heard the diet was more geared towards people who have lost fat the conventional way and are looking to drop to the sub-8% levels.

I found it great; did 2 cycles. You should give it a try, it's mentally tough but the refeed caps off the week. it's not something I would keep doing, I just wanted to see how low I could go before a contest etc I much prefer the Eating for Size here and just pull back on carbs and fat if needed.
Anyone over 15%bf will add too much fat trying UD2 you should be OK.

I think it's a good program overall. Lyle explains the program thoroughly, and he knows his stuff.

IMO it's less of a hassle to use more traditional routines. The UD2 is more mentally tough than anything else and takes dedication, but is plenty doable. If you want to get to a pretty lean level then lowering the calories, doing HST, etc will do just fine. Like Aaron already stated anyone can use it, but I will probably wait to use it again only when I want to get to a really low bodyfat.

If I have more time in the summer I might do it again. I'm sure you'll form your own opinion when you try it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zoomz @ Jan. 08 2005,2:00)]Anyone over 15%bf will add too much fat trying UD2 you should be OK.
How so? A calorie deficit is a calorie deficit whatever your bodyfat.

The metabolic problems that the diet is designed to avoid/counteract dont start to show up until youre below setpoint, hence Lyles admission that its more complicated than is required for anyone over about 15%, they should just drop calories and keep protein up.

Back