Static stretching before exercise

abanger

Negative effect of static stretching restored when combined with a sport specific warm-up component.
<div>
(Borge Fagerli @ Sep. 8 2008,5:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Those who are opposed two static stretching before exercise refers two studies Documenting a reduction in force development and force.

I recommend to all my programs, and has written about it in the article Optimal Muscle function part 2, to use a static-dynamic strain while the muscle is still cold - focusing particularly on tighte muscle groups, followed by dynamic heating and activation exercises. I recommend to all my programs, and has written about it in the article Optimal Muscle function part 2, to use a static-dynamic strain while the muscle is still cold - focusing particularly Wed tighte muscle groups, followed by dynamic heating and activation exercises.

This study shows that when this sequence is followed, there are no negative effects associated with static stretching before exercise: This study shows that when this sequence is followed, there are no negative effects associated with static stretching before exercise:

J Sci Med Sport. J Sci Med Sport. 2008 Sep 2 2008 Sep 2 [Epub ahead of print] [Epub ahead of print]

Negative effect of static stretching restored when combined with a sport specific warm-up component. Negative effect of static stretching restored when combined with a sport specific warm-up component.

There is substantial evidence that static stretching may inhibit performance in strength and power activities. There is substantial evidence that static stretching may inhibit performance in strength and power activities. However, most of this research has involved stretching routines dissimilar to those practiced by athletes. However, most of this research has involved stretching routines dissimilar to those practiced by athletes. The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether the Decline in performance normally associated with static stretching pervades when the static stretching is conducted prior to a sport specific warm-up. The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether the Decline in performance normally associated with static stretching pervades when the static stretching is conducted prior to a sport specific warm-up. Thirteen Netball players completed two experimental warm-up conditions. Thirteen Netball players completed two experimental warm-up conditions. Day 1 warm-up involved a submaximal run followed by 15min of static stretching and a specific skill Netball warm-up. Day 1 warm-up involved a submaximal run followed by 15min of static stretching and a specific skill Netball warm-up. Day 2 followed the same design, however, the static stretching was replaced with a 15min dynamic warm-up routine two allow for a direct comparison between the static stretching and dynamic warm-up effects. Day 2 followed the same design, however, the static stretching was replaced with a 15min dynamic warm-up routine two allow for a direct comparison between the static stretching and dynamic warm-up effects. Participants performed a counter movement vertical jump and 20m sprint after the first warm-up intervention (static or dynamic) and also after the Netball skill specific warm-up. Participants performed a counter movement vertical jump and 20m sprint after the first warm-up intervention (static or dynamic) and also after the Netball skill specific warm-up. The static stretching condition resulted in significantly worse performance than the dynamic warm-up in vertical jump height (-4.2%, 0.40 ES) and 20m sprint time (1.4%, 0.34 ES) (p &lt;0.05). However, no significant differences in either performance variable were evident when the skill-based warm-up was preceded by static stretching or a dynamic warm-up routine. The static stretching condition resulted in significantly worse performance than the dynamic warm-up in vertical jump height (-4.2%, 0.40 ES) and 20m sprint time (1.4%, 0.34 ES) (p &lt;0.05). However, no significant differences in either performance variable were evident when the skill-based warm-up was preceded by static stretching or a dynamic warm-up routine. This suggests that the practice of a subsequent high-intensity skill based warm-up restored the differences between the two warm-up interventions. Hence, if static stretching is to be included in the warm-up period, it is recommended that a period of high-intensity sport-specific skills based activity is included prior to the on-court/field performance. This suggests that the practice of a subsequent high-intensity skill based warm-up restored the differences between the two warm-up interventions. Hence, if static stretching is to be included in the warm-up period, it is recommended that a period of high-intensity sport-specific skills based activity is included prior to the on-court/field performance.</div>

Best just not to do them and don't worry about it. I find that a very short cardio (&gt;5min) session gives me enough to jump into my big stuff like squats. However, I do shoulder dislocates first because of old, stiff, injured shoulders - not needing strength in them anyway to squat, you see?

Back