Squats or deadlifts

IF you had to choose to do one workout, between the two, which would it be. For HST is it wise to do both? Which one promotes more testostrone and boost growth hormones for overall body?

Hey :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]IF you had to choose to do one workout, between the two, which would it be. For HST is it wise to do both? Which one promotes more testostrone and boost growth hormones for overall body?

Doing both DL and squats in one workout will kill you. If you do them both in a cycle, alternating them is a good idea.

Which one is better? I don't know about exactly which one "promotes more testostrone and boost growth hormones" (AAS? :) ) , but if you can only do one, I am more inclined to go with deadlifts simply because they will most probably be your heaviest lift.

Regards,
-JV

Yeah, I asked a while ago which between the two would promote the most growth (though I don't know where the link is)... most people said deadlifts. I would have to agree, I feel that I'm getting alot out of my deadlifts right now.

Depends on what your weak points are, your body type (relative limb lengths) and technique. If you have to choose one, I'd say choose the one that makes you sore in your weak areas. For instance, Squats hit my hamstrings more than deadlifts.

They are two different exercises that hit different body parts! The squat is a "push" and hits your quads primarily. The DL (not the SLDL) is a "pull" that primarily hits your lower back and glutes. The SLDL is also a "pull" but targets the hammies.
I wouldn't do DLs and squats on the same day, especially in the 5s, unless you're really conditioned.

In my previous few cycles i was doing it heavy style, starting at the 5's and keep incrementing the weights for a couple weeks afterwards using cluster reps and negatives.

I was squatting and deadlifting Mon - Fri, as well as the rest of my full body workout.

I was able to handle it for some months and got a lot out of it.

I like doing squats and deadlifts in the same workout. I do the deads at the beginning and squats at the end... never have a problem with it, though when it gets really heavy in the 5s, I'll admit sometimes I am pretty wiped out after my workout.

Anyway, neither of them are going to significantly boost testosterone or growth hormone.

I just like to allways use both out of preference. I try to keep things simple, those 2 go a long way with dips and chins for full coverage. That's basically my main routine, the big four, clean and press, arm exercise, calves.

I admire you people who can do both squats and DLs in the same session. Cheers! :)

If somebody wants to include both in a session, they could also implement clustering with the latter or both exercises. Same results, easier on your lower back and sanity.

In terms of total GH production, really that speaks to the systemic advantages of full-body sessions than splits. If you're working your whole body in a session, you will see higher overall test and GH levels. Practically speaking, though, I'm not sure if it's all that significant.

cheers,
Jules

Back