Sore elbow joint doing DL

zoomz

It's never happened before, into 2nd week of 5's and do my DL in my AM workout; just feel a joint soreness once i release weight. It is not really a heavy weight but I know I am bad for not doing warmups with a light weight. Figured it wasn't needed because this comes near the end of my workout.
Anyone have elbow joint problems with this? I will definitely do warmup next time just wanted to see whats out there. Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ July 28 2005,9:45)]Constantly ;) But I don't do DL's.
I actually had to ditch skull crushers due to elbow pain halfway through the 5's. Subed in skull crushers.

Seems very strange to me to have elbow pain during deadlifts though.

I'm getting elbow pain in the heavy heavy wide pullups.

Oh what a diverse pool of misery we are.

Thanks, I think. I'll try tomorrow morning doing a good warmup and then 3 sets of 5's and we'll see. If it isn't good maybe I'll just do DL during 10's. I haven't done skull crushers for years, too bad because I think it can't be beat for Triceps. Just stick to close grip and pushdowns. All's good. :D

Zooms

Ever tried to bind the elbow just before the joint, there are some nice ealstic bands in the market and they help, they bind the muscle just before the elbow joint, preventing the extra contraction thus minimizing the pain.

I have tennis elbow and use this all the time, it helps a lot.

If it carries on hurting, drop th exercise and heal the elbow up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vicious @ July 29 2005,12:48)]Zoomz, do you place the weight on the ground while deadlifting?
cheers,
Jules
Now that I think about it I don't , pretty much your standard
reverse grip etc. Are you suggesting something like a 1 sec on the floor? You know that could be it. I don't think using straps would make a diff. Also someone mentioned this morning to alternate wrist Pro/supp etc, that I will do. Fausto, I think if I have to go that route I would change exercise; it's certainly intersting, thanks.

Back