Shoulder Problems! Options?

Crackerman

Hey all,

I've been battling with shoulder problems(both of them) for the past two months now. I've had scans done which showed no major damage and also visited the physio who gave me a series of resistance band exercises to do for my rotator cuffs.

I've continued on with my cycle while doing the band exercises but my shoulder discomfort seems to be increasing. I did switch a few exercises to try and take less emphasis off my shoulders but it doesn't seem to have worked.

When I'm working out the pain is less noticeable than when I'm at rest. I have also noticed a lot of cracking and popping when I rotate my shoulders.

I'm at a loss of what to do now, I've just entered in to my 3rd week of 5's. To me my options are:

1) Stop everything and go in to a long SD while doing rehab on my shoulder (this option makes me cringe).
2) Continue on with cycle but back off on any pushing movements ie chest and shoulders. Possible drop back to weight I was doing on 15's.
3) Continue with cycle but drop chest and shoulders altogether.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

if its really painfull i would sd for a couple of weeks and then ease back in,i too have had some shoulder pain recently i find the 15s help ease it out.I would definitely worm up your shoulders more and with small increments in weight to get the blood in there,its hard to know the best option,i usually try and work through it but on the other hand a rest can also be the best option,i would proberbly try backin off on the heavy compounds(shoulder exercises) see how you feel.
Hope that helps good luck.

Omega 3 and glucosamine supplementation...??

I had a similar problem once for about 3-4weeks a few years back. I had ended up sleeping on my front one night, arms spread out across bed, and it was a really soft bed, so I sunk in an my shoulders were stretched the entire night. Woke up feeling stiff, sore and they didn't want to move much.

What exercises are you using for your chest and shoulders?

Back