Routine critique/recommendations please...

kmlioz

Hi all,

1- I will lift at home. I have a flat bench, a barbell and dumbells with adjustable weights. I may get a power rack after I prove myself that I am working seriously.

2- I have some fat around my belly. So first aim is to loose fat. Then get some muscles, more importantly to shoulders, arms and chest.

3- In each exercise day I want to spend MINIMUM possible time. So I dared to change Bryans recommended routine. By help of MFW FAQ, Bryans HST Article, and exrx.net I came up with these 6 pieces instead of recommended 9 :

Squat
Deadlift
Bench/Dips
Chin/Rows
Shoulder Press/Lateral Raise
V-up

Since I want to burn fat I am thinking of doing 15 reps on each cycle instead of doing 15 reps on the first cycle only, until I loose enough fat. Plus I want this to be easy on my heart, I have suspicions about my heart. (Don't worry I am going to a doc soon, and will discuss the weights. I will not do anything unless he permits.)

The rest I want to apply HST Article.

What do you think about the routine and heart condition thing? As a newbie I welcome all additions - subtractions - critiques - recommendations...

Thanks in advance.
Ozi.

KM, I would be surprised if anyone recommends a program for you when you say you think you have a heart condition.
That's like asking someone what brand of cigarrettes you should smoke when you indicate that you suspect you have lung cancer. Go get a check up and then repost.

;)

Back