Reps, weeks, cycles

cnegotiator

So do i do 6 weeks of 15 reps, then 6 of 10 reps, then 6 of 5 reps the SD? Or so i do week 1 and 2, 15 rep, 3 and 4, 10 rep, 5 and 6, 5 rep, then SD?

What is eccentric and when do you do it?
and when do you do negatives? every rep or another set of just a negative or two?

thanks!

oh and i have a few more questions... i forgot ;p

with n and w grips for chins and rows, do you do 1 set of each? or two of both? or just one per cycle? whats best?

and with hst, are you supposed to work out twice a day or just once a day with the workout? I know you can do it twice a day, but are you supposed to do it twice a day?

You should really check out the FAQ's board, but I will answer your questions briefly...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]with n and w grips for chins and rows, do you do 1 set of each? or two of both? or just one per cycle? whats best?

# of sets aren't set in stone.. do as many as you can handle

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and with hst, are you supposed to work out twice a day or just once a day with the workout?

It's up to you... most people go by a standard 3x/week MWF cycle. Right now I am going 8x/week - MWF AM/PM compounds, TR isolations... I recommend sticking with a basic 3x/week cycle for at least your first cycle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Or so i do week 1 and 2, 15 rep, 3 and 4, 10 rep, 5 and 6, 5 rep, then SD?

Yes, but add in negatives for weeks 7 and 8...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What is eccentric and when do you do it?
and when do you do negatives? every rep or another set of just a negative or two?

Negatives = eccentric, the lowering portion of the exercise.. best done with a spotter who can help you with the concentric part.

-Colby

Back