Question on chins

• Thread starter imported_electricwire
  • Start date
I

imported_electricwire

Just found out about hst a few days ago, looks very promising! My only question is this, i'm guessing i can only do 15-20 chins. How would i fit these into my first block? Should i substitute for something else? Thanks in advance everyone.

You will probably not be able to include it until 5RM, because of increments (attached weight). During 15RM and 10RM just do lat pulldown, and then switch it with chins.

if you can't do 15 you could use a chair and use your legs to "help" you, and use bumbbells to increase the weight once you get into the lower reps.

I train at home. My 10 RM for dips is my bodyweight. I can do about 13 chins with my bodyweight. I just do them anyway, at bodyweight, until the 5s, when I start to add weight. I think you should be able to do this without hitting RBE too quickly. You should gain some strength on them by the end of the cycle. Dips, for instance, have already become easier for me over the course of two weeks.

Electric, you said you can do 15 to 20 chins. If that is the case, I see no reason why you cannot do chins for all rep schemes.

Back