Protein Bars

Crackerman

My local health food store is selling boxes of Myoplex Storm bars for $10AU.

The only probelm is they are nearly 3 months out of date. I bought one and it tasted ok though.

Am I gunna die? If not I think I might go back and buy a few boxes.

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Crackerman @ Aug. 26 2005,7:38)]Am I gunna die?
Yes :D

Why in the gods sake someone is selling three month old protein bars
dozingoff.gif

real "health food" company :D But it is up to you to decide whether you want too something that old

Expiration dates are set rather conservatively, so I wouldn't worry about it one bit. Probably wouldn't say the same thing if they were more than a yr out of date though. Just make sure there is no mold or anything and that the seal is still good and you should be fine.

They will more than likely (cant say 100%) be microbiologically safe.

Protein bars have a shelf life becasue they harden. If hte bars are 3months over thier shelf life indicator, and contain reasonable quantities of protein, they will more htan likely be as hard as rocks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Crackerman @ Aug. 26 2005,12:38)]The only probelm is they are nearly 3 months out of date. I bought one and it tasted ok though.
Am I gunna die? If not I think I might go back and buy a few boxes.

Well, apparently not. If you survived the first one, you'll probably survive the other ones as well (if you didn't fall of your chair in convulsions after your post, that is. If so, please let us know :) )

But are they worth it? What the price for fresh ones?

Regards,
/ R

I'm back!

Just been discharged from hospital
laugh.gif

The bars have about 27g of protein and to me they dont seem to have a hard texture. I've not tried one fresh so I cant really compare.

I'm pretty sure a box of these sells for around $60AU, so I'm definately getting them on the cheap.

For other Aussies I purchased these from Newcastle City Health Foods in the Newcastle Mall. If you wish to contact them check out their site City Health Foods

The protein bars are almost certainly fine. I shop at a place called the Grocery Outlet, which sometimes carries protein bars for a quarter apiece because they are nearing their expiration dates. Considering they're usually about $2.79, that's a screaming bargain, and they taste just fine. If I were you, I'd definitely go back and get more (if they're still on the shelves).

Back