Prohormones and online stores?

VIPER

I remember the thread that was talking about how the goverment was banning prohormones and was wondering if they are banned (which they are now, right?), then why are a lot of popular online stores still selling them. They can't just sell their stock of PH's until it's gone, can they? There is also no information that I have found on the website of the stores saying that they may be illegal or anything which I'm not sure they need too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (VIPER @ July 06 2004,2:08)]I remember the thread that was talking about how the goverment was banning prohormones and was wondering if they are banned (which they are now, right?), then why are a lot of popular online stores still selling them. They can't just sell their stock of PH's until it's gone, can they? There is also no information that I have found on the website of the stores saying that they may be illegal or anything which I'm not sure they need too.
There was a change proposed for the bill, it had to do with how adverse event reporting was handled within the law, that delayed the ban by a couple months or so. As of now they are still technically legal.

Hmm.. So I could technically order some if I wanted to and it would still be legal but I'm guessing I would have to take them before the bill is passed?

Another thing is that I need a little more knowledge conserning PH use. I know that you are putting your body at some sort of risk when taking a prohormone but what would be a good one to take if I do decide to use it. If it's possible I would like one that would not produce as much estrogen as others. When taking a PH is the possibility of increased estrogen production common in all PH's or some. I remember reading about a prohormone and it said no aromatising, does this mean no extra estrogen production?, and if so wouldn't that lessen the risk somehwat. What should I take post cycle or during the cycle of PH use or both. So, is this right?: when taking a porhormone people may use a product to help lessen estrogen production during a cycle, and after the cycle a product may be taken in order to bring the natural testosterone levels back to it's normal level. I was also wondering if someone can explain why exactly the natural testerone levels in the body decline after usage?

If anything I said is wrong please correct me. I want to know a little more about PH in general, and sorry about so many questions. Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (VIPER @ July 06 2004,4:57)]If anything I said is wrong please correct me. I want to know a little more about PH in general, and sorry about so many questions. Thanks.
Not wrong per se, somewhat off. I'd reccomend a lot more reading before you delve into PH/PS use, and if your under 26 I'd say stay away period. That said, here's some info.
It's not after the cycle your test is down, but during and after. Most if not all prohormones and steroids supress natural test production as you use them for period of time necessary to get gains out of them. It's the post cycle crash where, if it's not handled properly, people lose their gains.
Aromatization is what happens when a steroid gets metabolized to estrogen, estradiol, progesterone, or whatever other female sex hormone it can turn into. For aromatizing PH/PSs, once you stop taking it there's nothing in your body to counteract the effects of the high estrogen levels in your body. What people do is take a SERM like Nolvadex or Clomid. What these do is competitively bind to the estrogen receptors in a lot of your tissues in your body blocking the estrogen from doing its work, and sensing a lack of estrogen your body will up the leutenizing hormone production causing your nads to release more testosterone so it can aromatize and create a normal level of estrogen. It's negative feedback basically. By blocking the effects of the raised estrogen you do two things. You save most of your gains and you trick your body into raising natural test production up a lot faster than it normally would.
During a cycle most people favor aromatase inhibitors like Arimidex. These don't compete with the estrogen, they block its production in the body to begin with. So say you're on Dianabol, a popular steroid that aromatizes like crazy. If you take Arimidex you stop most of it from changing into estrogen, so you have less of a problem post cycle. Post cycle however you need a SERM like Nolvadex or Clomid.
Some steroids and prohormones don't aromatize, which means they don't directly turn into estrogen. They still supress natural test production and leave you with artificially and relatively high estrogen levels in your blood post cycle.
Assuming you are at an age where you can take such things, which one you choose depends on your goals and what you can tolerate. If you're bulking you would want an aromatizing PH/PS more likely than not because estrogen plays an important part in getting big. You just shouldn't have too much of it. If you're looking to increase strength then a nonaromatizing PH/PS such as 1 testosterone, its precursor 1-AD, or one of the nor andros would work good. Or you could stack a combo to get the benefits of both. Like I said, it depends on your goals.
Some things to know: Do BOATLOADS of research. Try www.anabolicminds.com, it's a good forum for info. Someone here pointed me to it a long time ago. Also read the articles at www.bulknutrition.com. DON'T, I repeat DON'T mess with this stuff if you're under 26. It can screw you up good if your hormones haven't settled naturally yet. DON'T, I repeat DON'T mess around with ANY of the methylated prosteroids out there for a first cycle. They're very hard on the liver and require some experience to manage right. Using them wrong is a nice efficient way to mess yourself up real good. Make sure you know what your goals are and, FIRST AND FOREMOST, see why you aren't acheiving them without PH/PS use. Or perhaps you aren't achieving them as fast as you want. To that I'd say too bad, and that the discipline earned by sticking it out and working towards the goal over time is worth a hell of a lot more than the quick fix PH/PS route. And always first see if you can achieve your goals by modifying your training and especially your diet.

Well, first off I want to say thanks for taking the time to write a detailed post. It definitely helped clear it up.

I guess the pro-hormone route is counted out since I'm 20. To tell you the truth I think all I have learned about nutrition and training throughout the years and discovering HST has by far been the roots of my current success and I actually don't think I would need hormones to grow further. I am satisfied with the rate of growth I am having but I knew PH's would increase it. Using PH's was a thought in my mind but if I ever used them I figured it would be until I reached close to my natural potencial. I still had to ask though about PH use though because anything in regards to training, nutrition, and supplements, , etc interest me. I think I'm just more interested than usaul since they were being banned. Of course safety and age was my first concern but the ban increased the thought a little further.

Just in your reply alone I have learned a good deal about PH use and what is involved in taking them. Once again I definetely appreciate the reply and thanks for the all the info/advice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (VIPER @ July 06 2004,7:55)]Just in your reply alone I have learned a good deal about PH use and what is involved in taking them. Once again I definetely appreciate the reply and thanks for the all the info/advice.
No kidding, I learned too. Thanks. Not that I was ever interested but a day without learning is a day unjustified IMHO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (VIPER @ July 06 2004,8:55)]I guess the pro-hormone route is counted out since I'm 20. To tell you the truth I think all I have learned about nutrition and training throughout the years and discovering HST has by far been the roots of my current success and I actually don't think I would need hormones to grow further. I am satisfied with the rate of growth I am having but I knew PH's would increase it. Using PH's was a thought in my mind but if I ever used them I figured it would be until I reached close to my natural potencial. I still had to ask though about PH use though because anything in regards to training, nutrition, and supplements, , etc interest me.
No problem. It's sort of the same with me. I've done a few PH cycles, but I'm always interested in learning more, so I read about steroids a lot but would never use them. PHs are really mild and aren't really worth it for putting on muscle unless you up the dosage a lot. At that point you're dealing with the same sides as steroids, and the steroids would be cheaper so it sort of makes no sense unless the legal risk is too much for someone. They're not bad for maintaining and even putting on a slight amount of muscle mass while cutting/losing weight though, which is how I've used them in the past.

Back