problems with Time and HST

iceman0625

I start class at 8 in the morning and get out a 1250 everyday. (college). I have until 2 to get to work.

Today, I did the very first HST workout and I timed it and it took me one hr and 48 mins. This is way too long. I did the upper and lower body because there is no way I can split it up into AM and PM.

My questions:

*WOuld it be ok (i know that it says its ok in the HST E-Book) to drop from 2 sets per body part down to one??

* I am doing both Upper and lower so I will not have to workout everyday, but in my situation would it be better to do upper one day and lower thenext? It would cut down on time dramatically.

these are all 2x15

P- Squat
Leg Ext
Flat BB bench
Incline BB Bench
Incline Flies
DB Rows
Lat PUll down
Shoulders Db raises to the front rear and side
BB Curls
Db overhead ext
dips
traps shrugs
abs

[b said:
Quote[/b] (iceman0625 @ July 09 2005,6:29)]these are all 2x15
P- Squat
Leg Ext
Flat BB bench
Incline BB Bench
Incline Flies
DB Rows
Lat PUll down
BB Curls
Db overhead ext
dips
traps shrugs
abs
Ice dont take this the wrong way...but what are you doing that takes that long? I mean that in a good critical way...maybe you are talking to friends or your gym is crowded or you are resting to long...either way HST should not take you longer than 45 mins tops!

I suggest drop the leg extentions, and incline BB Bench press, and dips. When I say drop them I dont mean dont use them in your workout just dont use them all together at once. A better program would look like this in my humble opinion.

2 sets for everything

Squats 2 sets
Dips 1 set
Incline Flys 1 set
Rows 2 sets
Lat pull 1 set
dumbell press 1 set
side raises with dumbell 1 set
rear delt fly 1 set
1 set of db overhead ext
1 set of curls.

My 2 cents....good luck and remember to keep your rest periods around 1 minute you are only doing 12 sets total so if you rest 1 minute between each each set plus 1 minute roughtly to do the reps themselves you should be out of the gym in roughly 30 or 35 mins.

Good luck hope this helps! :D

strangly enough, I was the ONLY person in the gym today. I don't know what took so long. Who knows I guess. Thanks for the help.

BTW, what about my question about the different splits? I gues if I can keep this workout quick then I won't need to split it into upper one day and lower the next.

yes, one set for everything is what I do and it works just the same and it only takes about 30 min to complete

[b said:
Quote[/b] (iceman0625 @ July 09 2005,6:29)]these are all 2x15
P- Squat
Leg Ext
Flat BB bench
Incline BB Bench
Incline Flies
DB Rows
Lat PUll down
BB Curls
Db overhead ext
dips
traps shrugs
abs
Aside from dropping down from 2 sets to 1 during the 15's, I think you could also drop a few of the exercises you are doing. I think you are especially doing too many chest exercises. If I were you, I would drop the flat bench press and the flies and instead just do incline press and dips. But you should also move your dips up in your workout. I also am not sure what you are doing for shoulders....if you are performing 2 sets of raises for all of the motions you described? But, I would instead drop all of the raises (or at least a couple of them) and instead do some type of shoulder press. This could save you a lot of time and, IMO produce better results.

Back