Posture

wrestlingmark

Does anyone know any methods,techniques,or anything to improve posture? This may be a little out of context, but maybe not.
Thanks,
TNA Wrestling
October 1st, SPIKE TV, 11
wow.gif
0 p.m.

I find when I do those back raises -- you know they are like a reverse sit up - my posture dramatically imporves. You build up the two "erector" muscles of the lowers back (verical muscles on either side of the spine) when those get strong and firm it is impossible to slouch -- at least for me.

Progressivly add wieght to the back raises (by holding a plate behind your head) 5lbs, 10lbs and so on.

Bob

Get this book http://www.amazon.com/exec....=glance

or borrow from the library. Even though it looks like is for women it also works for men.

Basically this is something that you have to be aware of all the time put your shoulders back and look straight. Workout abs and shoulders...is all in the book

In a car keep the rear-view miror high so that you have to sit up straight to see into it.

Well, thats for posture while driving.

Joe G

WrestlingMark,
I notice that in another of your posts, you mentioned that you worked out for a couple of years with not a lot of knowledge doing mainly chest and bicep work. Well guess what? I did exactly the same and that is what I blame for my posture problem. I feel a strength imbalance is the problem and I have somewhat corrected it by;
1. Concentrating on back and rear delt exercises.
2. Sitting and standing as straight as I can, pulling my chin back into my neck.
3. Doing stretches on pecs/shoulders by holding a barbell over my head with wide grip, lower it slowly behind me until behind then back up to the top. I then use a slightly narrower grip and repeat.
I did post a question about this in the HST section a while back but I didn't get much response. Wrong section maybe?
Anyways, hope that helps.
Jazzer :)

See I think I may have the opposite problem . . . if it's a problem...my back is far mroe developed and stronger than my chest is, comparitively...I wondered for a lil while if maybe my shoulders weren't TOO far back . . .:p

Back