Nitro-Surge

BIZ

To those in the know...
Have you ever heard of product called Nitro-Surge made by MG Development. The active ingredient is Nitroxydione (trademark name for Maguay Extract) and is said to be a nitrogen retention agent and has been used in the cattle industry recently to help control the smell of their urine due to high nitrogen loss, and therefore, a strong ammonia smell. A side effect of the nitroxydione (reportedly) was that the cattle gained an average of 24 lbs. of lean mass during the 3 month trial. I have asked the manufacturer for references to the study cause I cannot find it on pubmed. Everyone feel free to update, bump, or ignore this thread!!!!

Thanks for the reply micmic. I forgot to say that nitroxydione is the trademark name, not an actual compound. The only thing I got from it was that it was an extract from the maguay plant and it worked through a different mechanism than the AKG type pills. Still waiting on those references from the company...

I doubt you will get any good references. If medline doesn't have anything on "maguay", "maguey", "nitroxydione", or even agave and cattle feed experiments, you probably aren't going to get anything real substantial.

All I could find was info on agave (maguey is an agave plant) which indicates it is widely used by South American cowboys as both feed and rope production.

Some research on agave indicated that it contains steroidal saponins. That may sound exciting at first but keep in mind that just because something is "steroidal" doesn't mean its anabolic in humans when ingested. Remember 20-hydroxyecdysone? Remember any of the other steroidal saponins sold by that one company who I won't mention? None of them produced steroid effects. Having used all of the saponin ingredients and never having noticed any effect, I would have to say save your money.

You may also want to look at what else they are selling. Are all their other products true to claims? Do they sell anything that is already known not to work? If so, why do they continue to sell it and claim that it works?

Just my 2 cents...

Thank you for the reply Bryan. One of my clients is competing in the same show I am in April and he has been getting a lot of advice (not good either) from a guy in Kansas City that distributes the Nitro-Surge for a company named MG Development. I am trying to convince him that he is being taken for a ride, and told him to ask the guy for references to prove my point. Two weeks later, still no references.

I looked at their web-site and they are selling a growth hormone boosting supplement if that tells you anything...
laugh.gif

Back