newbie with a few questions????

kinney1

i am not new to lifting, but i am new to this board and hst. i am excited about trying hst! i read a lot of info on this site, and i apologize if i just missed someting on the site....i was wondering if the increases in weight should occur every single workout for 6-8 weeks, or increase the weight every week for 6-8 weeks?...how often do you change your exercises, every 6 weeks or more frequently?....thanks in advance!

welcome. you might want to look through the FAQ and example routines.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i was wondering if the increases in weight should occur every single workout for 6-8 weeks, or increase the weight every week for 6-8 weeks?
you should increase weights every workout, unless you have to skip because of low increments (i.e. if your weights are supposed to be 30, 33, 35 pounds for the week, the 33lb workout you use either the 30 or 35 lb dumbell)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]how often do you change your exercises, every 6 weeks or more frequently?
you don't need to change your excercises, but if you want to, its probably easier change between cycles, since if you change an excercise in mid-cycle, you will not be sure you have the right maxes.

Back