New to HST, need help getting started!

<div>
(Martin Levac @ Jul. 29 2007,23:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lift weight, eat more. Stimulate growth, satisfy growth stimulus.</div>
beautifully put.

Looking forward to pumping some iron and getting big as soon as I get over my injured shoulder.

Thanks, guys.

Hi, Like Pedrosi im new to the whole HST thing aswell although ive been training for about a year trying to find a system that works. i have a couple of questions,
1. How many sets should i do per excercise (is there a strict number i.e 1st week 1 set. 2nd week 2 sets.)?

2. How many exercises should i include, (currently 7) ive got all the compounds (squats, bench press, etc) but ive got arms like matchsticks so would like to spend some time on them, but would it be better just to concentrste on the bigger muscles groups?

3. Is the order in which i do my excercise important? Currently i do squats, bench press, dips, lat pulls, rows, Shoulder press. Then depending on how wrecked i am bi's/tris.

4. Should i give up drinking coffee?......i dont really want to know the answer to this one Lol!

Great site by the way ive learnt a lot, thaks
smile.gif

Dan

Dan

You need to read up on HST basics, but anyway let me see...

1 - For starters, 15 x 1/10 x 2 or 1.5/5 x 3

2 - Best Mix is A/B setup of maximum 5 exercises, this gives you 10 to work with.

3 - Your current order is right.

4 - Strictly spreaking coffee is not the best of drinks but if you don't abuse it it is fine, has ni impact on muscle growth IMO.

Arms small? Stick to compounds but you can mix something like this Chins+D/B incline curls and Dips + E-Z bar Tricep extension (overhead or on bench), use them as supersets, it may help your arms grow a little faster.

Compounds though is the name of the game, many end up wioth bigger arms without using isolation at all.
biggrin.gif

Back