Negatives and dropsets for women?

ttboyy2k

I was just wondering if it is ok for women to do negatives and dropsets in there HST routines? I started my girlfriend on her first ever weight lifting program using HST because I believe in the principles. Plus she needs to firm her butt up a little. I know women can't get as big as men because of hormones. So is it beneficial for women to incorporate negatives/dropsets into there cycle? I don't want to burn my girlfriend out, she likes the results thus far. So any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks Tommy

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Plus she needs to firm her butt up a little.

Better hope she's not reading this!
laugh.gif

I would definitely include the dropsets, but would not include the negatives because it's her first time lifting.

Negatives are fine for women, just as men. But for anyone doing their first routine ever, I'd rather they skip the negatives the first time around. There's a skill element, and it's a lot of tension. Their joints, ligaments, and tendons may no be ready for such loads, and their skill level certainly won't be. Give her a few cycles before she chooses whether or not she wants to do them.

Back