Neck Exercises anyone?

Rakki

Hi Guys

anyone doing any exercises for their Necks?

I'm 5'9.5 and a "naturally" walk around at 155lbs Once (when cycling on creatine and using HIT) I went up to 179lbs and loved it (plateaued there though
sad.gif
). Although my Shoulders and chest was somewhat developed I still had a "pencil neck".

I'm New to HST and still setting up my cycle but I'm already sold (this is some sound Science!) however looking at some of the sample routines I don't see any neck specific exercises. Anybody got any Ideas?

PS want a Neck more like Mike Tyson that John Basdow

The good new is -- neck muslces show results quickly (they are small muscles)

Also do shrugs to build up your traps.

Prity soon you will wonder where your neck went.

from pencile neck to "no neck"

tounge.gif
Bob

Genetics play a big role in the neck and trap muscles. If you have a long neck, no amount of exercise will make it shorter. However, as Bob said, it is pretty easy to increase the size of neck muscles. Frank Zane was a typical pencil neck and he used that to his advantage and I still regard him as having one of the best bodies ever. He doesn't look like a gorilla and looks good with clothes on too unlike some of today's monsters.

When my former gym upgraded their equipment about 6 years ago, they gave me their neck machine with a weight stack that allows you to work all 4 sides of the neck independently. I use it right after shrugs and it has made a big difference. You can simulate the same movements with a head strap. Just be careful not to go too heavy as it is easy to strain neck muscles. You can also get a pretty good neck workout just using resistance provided by your hands.

Back