My First 6-week Training Plan, any tips?

nickgray

I am coming off of a 4-week illness where I could not work out. Mega deconditioning! Now I am fully healthy and excited to have begun my first HST cycle.

This is my week #3 in the program. I used the first two weeks of 15 reps to loosen up my muscles, and it felt great. Am I doing it right so far?

Weeks 1, 2 = max 15 reps, 3 sets each
Weeks 3, 4 = max 10 reps, 3 sets each
Weeks 5, 6 = max 5 reps, 3 sets each

My exercises are as follows:

- Chest, bench press
- Back, lat pull-downs
- Biceps, hammer curls
- Triceps, skull crushers
- Shoulders, split-set of side and forward lateral raises
- Leg extensions
- Squats

I do this every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It feels like a full work-out and I am tired afterwards. But should I add more exercises?

Can I go into the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays to do supplementary muscles, like forearms, calves, and abs?

<div>
(nickgray @ Oct. 12 2007,11:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My exercises are as follows:

- Chest, bench press
- Back, lat pull-downs
- Biceps, hammer curls
- Triceps, skull crushers
- Shoulders, split-set of side and forward lateral raises
- Leg extensions
- Squats

I do this every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It feels like a full work-out and I am tired afterwards. But should I add more exercises?

Can I go into the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays to do supplementary muscles, like forearms, calves, and abs?</div>
Just a suggestion to get the most growth per CNS debt.

LOSE: curls , skullcrushers , Leg extensions , side and forward delt raises

ADD: Deadlift , military press , BB rows

You'd be left with:

Bench
military press
BB rows/lat pull down (alternate w/o -w/o)
Squat/ Deadlift (alternate w/o-w/o)

(bench could be alternated w/dips and military w/upright rows if a complete A/B style is desired.)

Like I said just a suggestion , IMHO and experience you'll get a lot farther this way.
smile.gif

Back