MAX OT vs HST

Louno

Can someone give me the pro/con of each of these workout styles, max ot and hst, from someone who did both ?

Personally, I really like Max OT. I am very kinesthetic and love the "feel" of the workouts. I also grow very well with Max OT. The downside is that it slowly but surely takes its toll on my body. Stresses and strains appear and gradually worsen. Also, to do it effectively, I really need to do it 5 days a week. This eventally has its effect on my CNS. Nonetheless, after I have finished a good Max OT workout, I feel like a bull.
My main disappointment with HST is the lack of the same "feel." Only do 1 to 3 working sets per body part does not give me the same pump or feel in the short term. I do notice, however, that I feel much better during the rest of my day. I feel fit and energetic, without the sore and nagging muscles and joints. Also, doing only 3 workouts per week allows my body and nervous system to better recouperate. Now that I am in my late 30's (soon to be 39) this is becoming much more important.
Hope this is of some help.

Would Max-OT be better for a person who has been out of the gym for awhile and is pretty deconditioned? Would it allow for size increase at a faster rate than HST for such a trainee?

don't think so. HST is the best. fi havent been in the gym for a while and u hit up MAX-OT you will probably get overuse injuries.

Thanks Onemorerep. I've come to think you're right.

If I could add to Louno's request for information concerning Max-OT. What are the other top training systems out there? I see that HST has the science behind it, but for comparison reasons I would like to see what the other highly touted systems are. I know of HD (Mentzer's version of HIT), SuperSlo, Max-OT and HST. What else do people use beside regular old muscle-mag style volume routines?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (delphi23 @ June 30 2005,4:22)]Thanks Onemorerep. I've come to think you're right.
If I could add to Louno's request for information concerning Max-OT. What are the other top training systems out there? I see that HST has the science behind it, but for comparison reasons I would like to see what the other highly touted systems are. I know of HD (Mentzer's version of HIT), SuperSlo, Max-OT and HST. What else do people use beside regular old muscle-mag style volume routines?
There's DFHT and westside that are good too. They're more oriented toward strength, but since the load is the primary stimulus of hypertrophy they're surely good for mass.

Back