Macronutrient Partitioning

• Thread starter imported_dkm1987
  • Start date
I

imported_dkm1987

A while back I remember seeing a post by Bryan, but can't find it now.
He was discussing protein and the effect it had as far as when to take the post protein shake compared with the post carb intake.
Can anyone point it out to me?

"Anyway, my point is this, Take your protein without (or with less) carbs immediately after you workout. This will allow more amino acids to skirt past your enterocytes and liver and make it into the blood stream where they are taken up by skeletal muscle. Then take your carbs one hour later, which still allows you to take advantage of the metabolic "window" post workout." (from "Diet and nutrition, for fat loss or gaining muscle ", in FAQs, I think... By Bryan)

Also, I finaly found the exact answer to an old question of yours:

"In fact, everybody should use FFM instead of bodyweight to plan protein intake, but sometimes it's just too hard to figure it out, so most people use bodyweight." (from "Gaining muscle mass", by Bryan)

The whole post is great. you should read it!

That's the one.

I tried every search term I could think of and couldn't find it.

I had thouhgt Bryan said something about FFM somewhere, but I used it before even coming to HST. Good to know I was verified.

Manic thanks a bunch.
thumbs-up.gif

wow.gif
0-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Manic @ July 05 2004,12
wow.gif
0)]The whole post is great. you should read it!
Where doeth it hide Oh Manic one?

Glad I've been able to be helpful.

I just took a look at the FAQs and, believe it or not, it's there... The search tool is not always working well. I've had similar issues in the past. I sent a message to Bryan, I don't know if he did something about it...

Anyway, the link to Gaining muscle massis : Diet and nutrition, for fat loss or gaining muscle

Take care!

Back