Limited machines available

kpienaar

We have a clubhouse in my townhome complex with a fitness room. Unfortunately there are only a limited number of machines: (these are all lifefitness ? - seems to be good quality)

1. chest press
2. lat pulldown
3. seated row
4. shoulder press
5. leg press

Dumbells up to 25 lb

Could I do a balanced workout, i.e. workout opposing muscles like quads and hamstrings equally - the leg press machine says the muscles worked are quads and hams, but is this enough - I have very big legs and don't really need much work to get them big.

I wouldn't be able to do any isolation exercises, but is it even worth trying to get a workout together with this limited set of machines, or am I just better of to find and just pay for a gym membership close by ?

Thanks in advance

You could just buy dumbells from 25-65 pounds and keep them in the gym room (just tell mangement)... with a good set of dumbells you can work your entire upper body (chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders, abs, etc).

I really don't work my legs much, but you should be able to do things like dumbell squats and things like that.

That's what I would do, in the long run it would be cheaper then paying $$ for a gym membership every month... plus you could take them with you if you ever move. Also for me, I find that I'm less likely to miss a workout if the gym is close since I don't have any excuses to slack off.
laugh.gif

(if you do this, buy them locally and not off the internet (unless the offer free shipping! )) Also you could buy 'adjust' dumbells that take normal plates and just buy some good plates.. that might be a bit cheaper.

Back