just a couple of questions...

mafia

hi all. :D
just wanted to ask a couple of questions that kind of bugged me the past few days. ive been doing hst for quite some time now (probly ~5+ cycles) and ive been wanting to lose some fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible. thing is, i dont wanna do the 'cutting' cycles that bb'ers do, ill be content with losing around 3-4 lbs of fat per month for around 3 months (like a gradual cutting cycle), i guess. im 5'7-5'8, asian build/frame(ecto-meso maybe), 155 lbs, can see my abs a bit.
any suggestions how to do this?
also, wanted to ask about post-Work Out protein shake intake, i read on the faq's that if you wanted to lean out or gain lean muscle, carbs should be little, if none at all. but i also read here that fat gain isnt an issue post-WO, so one neednt worry about his shake's sugar/carb content. i was just wondering whats your take or suggestion on this? how should i go?
thanks all.  
worship.gif

In order to lose small amounts of weight consistently you need to have some idea of what your usual calorie intake is. If you don't, its hard to make small adjustments.

A couple fo suggestions. Use cardio instead of diet. If your weight has beens table, and you are able to control your caloric intake from day to day, simply add about 250-300 cals worth of cardio per day and you will begin to lean up.

Another option is to drop out starchy carbs. So, you're not avoiding carbs per se, just the starchy ones. So, you eat fresh fruits and vegetables and nuts but avoid bread, pasta, cereal, potatoes, etc.

You can also cut carbs out of specific meals. For example, cutting carbs out of dinner while keeping everything else the same works well for a lot of people. Then again, you have to know what you are currently eating so that you don't inadvertantly make up for the missing carbs during other meals.

Back