Is this for real????

Spyke

I have been spending some time over at the Body for Life site. Basically I am checking out the recepies and getting some ideas for when I start cutting.
Check out these before and after pics of people who have done ther 12 week challenge. The weight lifting part of it is pretty tame to say the least. Do you think these people are for real? This is supposed to have taken all of them only 12 weeks!
body for life
I am starting my 1st cutting cycle soon. I just wanna have an idea on what to expect when I am done.

My girlfriend had a body for life book and annoyed her by rubbishing it! I hate anything that uses those photos with different lighting and in the first one they push their stomachs out etc and then pose completely differently in the second picture.

On further reading it didn't seem like there was anything particularly wrong with it, it was just that there was nothing new in there whatsoever...using cardio with different intensity levels etc...sensible dieting...

I guess it is more annoying when stuff like that is packaged and sold as something amazing when we can get so much good info for free on sites like these.

Anyhow, one of my client's friends actually won the UK version of the competition, he was a fitness instructor who deliberately let himself go and ate a lot for a few weeks to get 'in shape' for his first photo and then worked out like crazy (not following any of the principles specifically laid down by body for life).

Cheers

rob

I know a few people who've made more dramatic changes than that in 12 weeks, but they are usually using various drugs.

Sure, just get some DNP.

Seriously though, you always see all these fat people becoming totally shredded all of a sudden over the course of 12 weeks. 12 weeks is almost 3 months, right? With the right diet and training, you could significantly reduce bodyfat in that period, however... you likely won't gain any muscle during that period if you are training naturally.
I think typically when you see good results like that, the person used to be in great shape, so they have a good base underneath the fat, which is why they look fairly muscular once they cut down. Also, like rob pointed out - if you stick out your stomach and pose differently in each shot, it can make you look dramatically different. I know that personally, I can push my stomach out far enough to make me look like a huge pig. It hurts to push it out that far, but I can do it.
Let me take a pic like that, post it, then take a pic of me after a short cutter and sucking my stomach in instead, and see how much weight you think I lost.

Tot

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know that personally, I can push my stomach out far enough to make me look like a huge pig. It hurts to push it out that far, but I can do it.

You're the pits man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, I agree though I can also do that!

So, yep if you do that for one photo and then contract for the other, you could confuse people, I am sure me and you could, anyhoo
laugh.gif

Back