Is it unhealthy to get fat intake from cheese only

Ruhl

I would like to get all my fat intake from cheese because of its high calcium content. The cheese is 21.4% saturated fat. I would have to eat a 1kg block of cheese every 6 days. It is a healthy type of cheese. Would the cholesterol level of the cheese be likely to be too high to make it worth eating given that I am eating 1kg of it every 6 days?

Thus far, nothing has ever been found to be healthy about the fat in cheese. Saturated fat from any source is not good.

Why not drink milk for calcium? Or any of a number of vegatables that are high in calcium?

The only reason to eat cheese is beause you like the taste. Any arguements about health don't really hold water when so many other calcium and protein sources are readily available that are fat free or close to it.

Your primary goal should be to get "good fat" from foods or supplements that contain them. No reason intentionally eat bad fat.

Don't mean to sound anti-cheese. :D I'm really not...I like cheese on Nachos. Hmmmmm...Nachos..... :)

How can good fats (EFAs, linolenic, etc) ever add up to the total fat intake that a BB needs in their diet?

I am getting 60g of fat a day from 3/4 cup peanuts, much of it saturated fat (although no cholesterol as compared to cheese). Sample meals on this website show much fat intake from meat and eggs. A lot of saturated fat in other words. That is not 'healthy'. I don't think I understand.

160 pound BB, 64g fat. 190 pound BB, 75g fat. 220 pound BB, 90g fat.

Total cals from fat should be equal to total cals from protein. That's what I read.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ruhl @ April 25 2004,5:22)]How can good fats (EFAs, linolenic, etc) ever add up to the total fat intake that a BB needs in their diet?
try some flaxseed oil

Back