Inclined Bench

Rakki

Hey guys

don't know if this is comon around here, but I've been using flatbench as my staple Chest exercise and lately have found that it's starting to look kind of droopy
wow.gif

Solution - add in incline Bench right?
thing is I'm feeling it more in my shoulders unless I conciously push my elbows out (up toward my head) then I get a stretch in my upper pecs, but ist that bad for my shoulders?

just wondering what is the "common" angle you guys use for inclines :) ?

It seems to be general consensus on here, that anything over 25-30 degrees will be more of a shoulder press than an incline press.

I like to have it on about 20-25, that's when I feel the soreness in upper pecs the most the next day. I also feel that's when I'm strongest.

what exactly is "starting to look droopy" you or the bench??
tounge.gif

if it's the bench, you could try putting some blocks under the legs on the head end...that only may be a temp thing if the bench is on its "last legs" so-to-speak

gonna sound daft being as you are talking about incline but i use alot more decline now and my chest has responded very well,and i mean all of my chest not just lower,i think decline uses alot more of your muscle fibres,try it for a cycle see what you think you will be suprised.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jester @ Oct. 07 2005,11:44)]It seems to be general consensus on here, that anything over 25-30 degrees will be more of a shoulder press than an incline press.
I like to have it on about 20-25, that's when I feel the soreness in upper pecs the most the next day. I also feel that's when I'm strongest.
20 - 25% ?

gotcha :D

20 to 25 degrees...

So flat bench = 0 degrees, chair with a vertical back = 90 degrees...chair with back halfway between flat and vertical = 45 degrees . . .you get the general idea
tounge.gif

That's the angle that works best for me.

Back