I can't do many compound lifts,

I

imported_g1c9

So I've been reading up and really want to start a "cycle", but understand that a big part of HST is compound lifts.

Thing is, my right collarbone is still healing from being broken (about 8 weeks ago) so while it's functional I dont want to be overloading it...

Can I still do HST - what lifts/work-arounds would yall suggest?

Of course compound lifts are best. However, if you can't do them for now then you can't do them.

The principles of frequency and progression would still apply. Go for it using your isolation work and be sure to share your results with us. I'll bet they'll be better than doing isolation with a standard, stagnant program without much progression or frequency. Darn sure be better than doing nothing.

agree with vagrant also you could try doing your hst workout on mainly machines for safety,and when your shoulder is ok go to free weights.work out a routine you think you could do put it up and im sure most of the boys on here will help you ..good luck
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks alot - I'll be sharing my results in a couple of weeks.

g1c9, fair warning, HST is awesome for healing injuries and making you feel better - especially the lighter parts of the 15's.

Be careful that you don't get to feeling too good and jump into heavier stuff before your body is actually ready for it.

I started HST because of injury.  Then during my 2nd week of 5's I was feeling a bit too froggy because I had progressed so well with my healing.  I was feeling better than I should and went heavier than I should, with more ROM than I was ready for...flat on my back for the next 4 days.

DO IT, BUT STICK WITH THE PLAN, NO MATTER HOW DAMN GOOD YOU FEEL.  Yes, HST will make you feel that good and you'll think you have gotten totally well before you actually have.  Or that's the way it was for me anyway.

Sorry for shouting - it's just that important.

My ears are ringing from your shouting vagrant, but too true very important. Every time someone does something stupid and injures themselves, it discredits HST, and us for supporting it.

Back