I am planning cycle 2

Bartolo

Hi all i'm new here (first post ;) ) so please dont flame me for my basic questions.

I've been lifting for 5 years but soon i reached a plateau then I found HST a few months ago and I tryed it in its basic layout.
Now i'm on sd and i'm planning my 2nd cycle.
I tested my 10 and 5rm again at the end of last cycle bcause they went up a little.
A few questions if you dont mind:

1)Can i set last 10s weights lower than my real 10rm to leave more incs for the 5s?Will this affect strenght or gains?
(for example i can leg press 135kg for 11 reps and i would set the last weight of 10s at 132.5kg).

2)To reduce zig zag i would like to skip 15s leaving 10s as normal and repeating weights on 5s (2 or 3 times each).
Example for bench:
10rm=82.5kg rounded down to 80kg.
progression:55 60 65 70 75 80--85 85 90 90 95 95--
Do you think standard progression would be better?

3)There are lifts where I am unsure about the inc size,
for leg press for example i can do 6 reps with 155kg, should I use 10kg inc or 7.5kg?
For BB curls I can do 5 reps with 41kg an increments available are 2kg or 3kg.

thank you all for your patience.
happy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I tested my 10 and 5rm again at the end of last cycle bcause they went up a little.

No need to. They're expected to do so, so just add a little to your old weights through next cycle. It's not about reaching your maxes...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1)Can i set last 10s weights lower than my real 10rm to leave more incs for the 5s?Will this affect strenght or gains?

I take it you're not zig-zagging ? My first 5 is usually lower than my last 10. It doesn't worry me at all - if nothing else, it helps my body relax a little before the heavy phase. Some people do execute their HST linearly, though, where the first 5s is a notch heavier than the last 10s

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do you think standard progression would be better?

I would say that I do. The 15s are designed to help your body protect itself. Also, why would you want to cut the cycle short ? This would give you a lower ratio of work compared to rest...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]3)There are lifts where I am unsure about the inc size,
for leg press for example i can do 6 reps with 155kg, should I use 10kg inc or 7.5kg?
For BB curls I can do 5 reps with 41kg an increments available are 2kg or 3kg

I would try to use as big increments as possible, except for really small muscles. I'd go for 10kg incs in leg press, if possible, but that might be too high for your 10s and/or 15s. You really don't have to use the same increments for the whole cycle as long as you challende yourself...

Back