HST Cycle Number 7 !!! OO YEAH

XORN

Hey , guys

I'm back again for another cycle of HST after 3 months of non-stop full body workouts in gym ive taken a week off and starting my new HST cycle for new year :)

going to be my last bulk cycle before I start cutting for summer :)

I've had a really great success with HST over the past year, when I started gym about 18 months ago I was sitting at 58 KG and could barely do 20 KG Squats and Deads then i stumbled upon HST after a few months of Bicep curls thinking why i ain't getting bigger :( lol

Now after 6 cycle's of HST im sitting at 76 KG and squat 170 KG and Dead 150 KG for 3 sets of 8 - I LOVE THESE 2 <<<<<<

here are my exercises for my new cycle , ( before i used to alternate squats and deads but this time im doing them together :p )

in order >>>>>> 15 reps x 2 sets >>>>>>> 10 reps x 3 sets >>>>>>>>> 5 reps x 4 sets >>>>>>>

Decline weighted Ab crunch ( want to get my core really warm and losend up before i hit big weights + i've always neglected abs so giving them some love )

Squats ( well in my eye's this is the KING mass+strength gainer )

Incline Dumbell Press ( cant do barbells cause of tendolatis in wrist because of bad form on barbell press but this is still great )

Deadlift ( same as squats KINGGGGGG )

Shrugs ( same weight as deads so easier to just do it right after )

Machine Shoulder Press ( cant do free weights cause of wrist * damn thing takes ages to heal * )

Weighted Dips ( when you start of with 25kg plate and go up to 65kg this is an AWESOME mass builder )

Preacher Curls ( just to focus a lil on biceps cause not getting much work in any of the exercises in my routine where as triceps are getting alot of work )

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED ME IN THE PAST WITH HST ADVICE AND TIPS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT, --- THANK YOU GUYS

I would kill the preacher curls and substitute multiple sets of pull ups and chin ups. Use bands to assist if you cannot do enough of them in whatever rep range you are doing or add weight if needed.

Good lifting!

Yeah, you are not hitting the lats with that routine, and chinups hit the biceps and lats both at once, much better than curls.

I could add in chins or pull-ups weighted or 2 hand bar pulls ( the one where u put 1 end of bar under bench and put weight on other end ) i feel it hitting my lats and biceps quite good. DAMN back to drawing board have to calculate maxes now for it grrrrr :) lol thxs for advice tho guys keep it comming

I would take chins or pull-ups over 2 hand bar pulls or any other lat movement all the time unless you are very advanced.

only probs i have with pull-ups and chins is that i can only go upta 20kg-25kg max for 5 reps of 4 sets - u reckon 2.5kg increaments each session is enough for chins and pull-ups ? if so ill give it a go and where u reckon i should slot it into deffo not the last 1 as I will be fatigued by then and weighted pull-ups are tough..... maybe after deads and shrugs ?

You could use an assisted Pullups machine, or do cable lat pull downs if you have access to that. If you don't have either of those, then you would just have to use really small increments. Shoulder-width underhand grip will really hit your arms hard while still hitting your Lats too.

Best way is to use an assisted machine and then when you figure your maxes and increments, use total weight (bodyweight and added weight) for everything.

Thxs guys for advice ive worked out a revised routine now >

Decline Abs Crunches
Weighted pull-ups
Squats
Incline Press
Deads
Shrugs
Machine Shoulder Press
Weighted Dips

cant wait to hit gym tommarow :)------ been a long 9 days off...................................

Back