HST 1 set only

• Thread starter imported_domineaux
  • Start date
I

imported_domineaux

I'd be interested to know what kind of results you could expect by doing HST - 1 set of each exercise for a full cycle.

I've been doing 2 sets since I started and I've read 1 set is just as effective. I'm curious to know just how effective 1 set actually can be.

------------

I was thinking it my be worth a couple of cycles to take on a larger number of exercises x 1 set. This way I'd think you could do a darn hard (cardio) workout moving quickly from exercise to exercise.

Anyway I'd appreciate reading any comments

thumbs-up.gif

I think we proper SD...say about 1 month. It could be effective. The only problem I see is that HST does say if you are accustomed to certain level of conditioning then HST needs to resemble that level of conditioning.

SD for say 3 weeks and see how it goes and let us know!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joe.Muscle @ Dec. 09 2005,12:38)]I think we proper SD...say about 1 month. It could be effective. The only problem I see is that HST does say if you are accustomed to certain level of conditioning then HST needs to resemble that level of conditioning.
SD for say 3 weeks and see how it goes and let us know!
Wish I'd thought to ask before. I just came off SD and I've complete 1 week of 15s x 2 sets.

What I'm doing is working, but I finish every workout with 30-60 minutes on the treadmill to fat burn.

My bodyfat % isn't bad, but I hate those love handles that persist to hang out on my body. LOL

laugh.gif

I tend to only do 1 set anyway for the 15s but double up on the 10s and triple 5s. I was thinking about that single set thing too. I guess it depends on how long ur muscles are under tensions. 15s and 10s I's have thought would be fine. 5s...I dont know.

Hey guys B:)

Hmmm...

It would be best to think outside of reps and sets, since reps and sets don't matter outside of the strain they cause. Instead, do one good set (meaning just stop when you are close to failure, not when you reach a rep count). That's ok. Of course, you need to add metabollic work as the weight gets heavier (meaning your total number of reps before failure decreases).

What is good about doing only 1 set is that it allows you to train much more frequently (like whole body everyday), and not have to kill yourself repeating sets. As long as you eat enough, the gains are great.

But of course, whether it will actually be better than 3x a week (the old 3x vs 6x or whatever x training) depends on you, I simply account the possible differences in muscle gain to individual differences (which most notably includes lifestyle). It worked great for me when I could afford to workout everyday and eat a ton; lately I had to go back to 3x a week due to so much work.

Regards,
-JV

Back