How to boost Testosterone ?

Louno

Hi,

I want to take a supplement to help increase testosterone, but i dont know what to take...

It has to be safe. I do not want to risk my health.

My friend suggested Tribulus , he said it helped him alot, but he stopped taking it because apparently it made him grow hair ( on his body, not his head ) ... im pretty hairy so i dont know if this would affect me, i wouldnt want to be more hairier than i am tho hehe.

Also, whatever i take, when i stop it, my body needs to be able to work without it... like it did before.

id like more suggestions please ! , thx

you can try 6 oxo. It's supposed to be less powerful than Novedex and other ATD that raise natural test production so you won't have the delayed gyno. You can just basically cycle it, 4-5 a day for a week, 3 2 1. This should be good enough for natural test boosting. There are other natural ways of increasing test in general like ejaculating every 7 days( i think thats impossible.) haha. Theres much discussion on this around anabolicminds and bodybuilding if you can deal with the flaming.

pzhang

Since I live on the HRT boards these last few months, I have learned quite a bit on the subject of testosterone. There is nothing that will raise your test levels "naturally"by very much. If there was, guys like me would not be on HRT and weekly injections for life.

Why do you want to boost your levels? If your levels were around 550 (mid-normal) and you took some Trib and it got you up to 600 (unlikely) you would probably not feel any effect except the placibo and it would not have any anabolic effect at all.

If you really think you may be low go to the doc and get a total testosterone and free testosterone blood test.

Pretty much the only way to boost test levels is illegal or by prescription only. I'd focus on just eating enough food and lifting enough weights. That will do more to help you out than taking tribulus.

Well i know that my workout and especially my diet is more important than supplements, but after 2 years and a half , these things are pretty much stable, im looking for an extra edge that would help me...

Placebo effect, maybe, but there are countless example on the net of people who said it worked, in general tho it is true that it seem to work better for people that are in the mid/low testosterone range.

I personally know 1 guy who took it and said it really worked good but he had to stop because he gained too much hair hehe...

Also, after doing alot of reading, i think one of the main reason why alot of the tribulus supplement dont work is because it is not the right kind/quality. the active ingredient in the tribulus that has the effect we are looking for are called saponins i think.

For example lets say we compare tribulus to canabis, the active ingreadient in the canabis (plant) is the THC ( active ingredient ) ,
First thing to consider is that there is many different species and ways to make the plant grow, some ways / strands have higher potency than others....
Second there is the question of which plant material will you use, if you take the whole plant and grind it , you arent going to have a very potent blunt, because most of the plant isnt particulary rich in THC except for the Buds ( flower ) part.

So for tribulus, apparently you need Bulgarian tribulus which has the best potency of active ingredient, and specific parts of the plant need to be used to make the extract.

Now most company that make tribulus supp, dont care, as long as they can put the word tribulus on the package ingredient list, its all good.

To have an effective tribulus extract i think you need to have a 50% or + saponins concentration from bulgarian tribulus, or else, its a waste of money. This is why alot of people were disapointed.

So in conclusion, the hardest part is to find a quality product. Unless you have tried a quality product you cant say for sure that tribulus doesnt work, just like i cant say that canabis doesnt get me high because i smoked some canabis root/stem of a weak strand.

So because cannabis can be weak/strong that means that the saponins in tribulus can actually do something?

Research has given us a pretty good understanding of why THC has a good effect, but saponins.... thats a different story.

You may or may not be right about Trib being effective if you got the right plant...SOMEBODY started taking it long ago...but not to boost test. Either way, I'm always amazed at how people are gullibly slammed by poor to totally ineffective products, and due to the placebo effect, will SWEAR they got amazing results...even with stuff that was found out to be pretty much useless for most or all people. Take DHEA for instance...five years for the truth to be realized...with hundreds of BB'ers SWEARING by it!
I think trib may take that road, since I've heard so many say it doesn't work, including me. (Well, what with the cheap plant stems and all...)

Truffles is where it's at.
cool.gif

The trouble with Trib is no one has ever reproduced the results that Sopharma supossedly (even if you could read Czech you'd have to find the studies first) did. Manufacturer sponspored research, gotta love it.
laugh.gif

A couple of people have apparently taken USP Labs' PowerFULL and gotten bloodwork that showed an increase in total test of around 100 ng/dl. Whether that blood work is reliable and whether the PowerFULL caused the increase or not, or if it was just a natural variation, there's no way to know. That said, on PowerFULL I sleep great and just feel better. Could defnitely be placebo, hard to put it off to that though because it's so distinctive a feeling, like the well being feeling on dbol.

All said though, spend your money on more chicken. It's a better bet for results.

X- is 100ng/dl enough to actually make a difference in hypertrophy? I don't know, but from what I'd heard, you'd have to be pretty low for it to do much good. I wish I had about 500 more myself, that would make me about, oh maybe...35-40 yrs old again!

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 08 2006,21:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">X- is 100ng/dl enough to actually make a difference in hypertrophy? I don't know, but from what I'd heard, you'd have to be pretty low for it to do much good. I wish I had about 500 more myself, that would make me about, oh maybe...35-40 yrs old again!</div>
Might make a bit of a difference long term, not that I'd think you'd notice as the effects of that much extra test are easily offset or overshadowed by tweaking your diet. You need serious amounts of steroids, naturally produced or injected, to get noticable results and even then you can tank because of a bad diet, training, or poor post cycle therapy. Gaining muscle has a simple answer: chicken and oatmeal.

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Jul. 07 2006,13:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Truffles is where it's at.
cool.gif

The trouble with Trib is no one has ever reproduced the results that Sopharma supossedly (even if you could read Czech you'd have to find the studies first) did. Manufacturer sponspored research, gotta love it.
laugh.gif
</div>
Manufacturer sponsered research is pretty much part of the world, as nobody would look at **** otherwise.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Jul. 09 2006,17:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Dan Moore @ Jul. 07 2006,13:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Truffles is where it's at.
cool.gif

laugh.gif
</div>
Manufacturer sponsered research is pretty much part of the world, as nobody would look at **** otherwise.</div>
Oh I do know that.

Save a trib eat a truffle
biggrin.gif

A general rule of thumb is that you would need to get your levels over 1000 on the Lab Corp Scale to see any anabolic effect for an average guy.

I on the other hand had levels around 175 and now they are up around 700 and my free test is almost too high. I continue to notice an increased anabolic effect but this is probably a rare case.

Back