Help setting up a routine

mmhasty

I need some assistance setting up my first HST routine. I have read lots of information, to the point that I am not sure exactly what I need to do. I am relatively new to weight lifting, but do not consider myself a newbie. I have been working a very physical job for about a year and a half (UPS unloading packages up to 70 lbs). Earlier this year I worked out regularly for about three months and saw great gains. I had to stop due to school and work requirements (Masters degree work along with a new baby and 2 jobs).

All of this being said, I feel my shoulders and arms need attention. I have made significant gains in my back, chest and legs. I am not sure how many exercises I need. Would one exercise of everything, along with two exercises for my arms and shoulders suffice? I want to be big so much I can almost taste it. Any advice will be appreciated.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Would one exercise of everything, along with two exercises for my arms and shoulders suffice?

Yes, probably, but as to arms in particular maybe not. I'd stick with compounds, where arms tend to be synergists anyway, in which case you don't want to overwork them by hitting them with two or more sets. Since I've cut to one set for bis, tris, and fores, I've noticed much better response. Several others in here have gotten the same thing. As to shoulders, what lifts are you planning? What works for you might be different, but I'd suggest Arnolds. Again, if you're doing other compounds as well, like benches, you might find that one set of presses is sufficient.
Jake

Back