Help!! I screwed up!

chitownrat

Ok. I know someone must have done this in the past. At least I hope so. I did my 15 RM on the first day, instead of figuring out what it would be, I accidentally took the paper I wrote down all my maxes on and did them. What do I do now? Do I have to wait another 9 days before I start again? The last 9 were a real pain. I want to start this already. Can I just go to where my second day weights should be? Or Just keep on doing the 15 RM's for the next 5 workouts? I need some advice here. My next workout should be tomorrow 7/7/04. Can anyone respond before that?

Can anybody give me advice? I'm sure this has happened before. I'm kind of down on myself because of it, but I need somebody with experience to tell me if I should Strategic Decondition, or keep on going.

Hi chitownrat,

I would suggest you continue to use your 15RM for the next 5 workouts. Then move into your 10s as you normally would with the weight's you've planned out.

You can also just shorten your 15s to one week if you wish. Just continue with your 15RM for one week then start your 10s.

Don't worry about ziggzagging. When you go into your 10s, your weights might actually be lighter than your 15RM for a couple workouts. This is fine and will not hinder your progress.

Thanks, Bryan. I was really dreading having to wait another week and a half to work out again. Cool! You know I'll never make THAT mistake again.

Back