Gonna Try It.

PitDog

Ok Folks,

Name is PitDog(Brette). Trained for about 4 years. Mosty using HIT type training as well as lots of core stuff. I have heard a lot about this an was kind of drawn to it as it is so structured. That is good for me. Here are the movements I picked. Mind you I train at home so I dont have all the options some may.

Goal: Summer trim up I want to see some abs but I dont want to lose all my strength. Right now 165 and 15-16% bf no abs at all ,well maybe one upper ab but that does not count.

I am starting at 2 sets each real basic like =-)

1) Sumo dead lifts
2) Leg Curls
3) Incline bb bench press
4) DB Rows - I would love to chins but my 5 rep max is 0 weight =-)
5) Seated DB Press
6) DB Shrugs
7) Curl bar Curls
8) Lying tri extension

Now I read Blades post and he stated that it is wise not to do deads and squats the same week what do you all think of that? I am not a powerlifter I am going for look more then strength sorry you plers... And I have some hip issues that I dont want to make bad again.

I will be doing 40 mins fasted state incline walking on a mill on the tuesday and thursday and saturday.

Ok here are my questions hope you can help me.

If I do 2 sets each how long do I rest between sets?

I think I am going to take in about 2000 cals a day to start using a 33%/33%/33% macro split between fats carbs and proteins. Is there any recommendation that HST states that I should change in the 15's 10's or 5's?

Thanks,
Brette

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PitDog @ June 07 2005,9:47)]If I do 2 sets each how long do I rest between sets?

I think I am going to take in about 2000 cals a day to start using a 33%/33%/33% macro split between fats carbs and proteins. Is there any recommendation that HST states that I should change in the 15's 10's or 5's?
Thanks,
Brette
Rest between sets

Diet and Nutrition

Optimizing HST
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Should I modify HST if my goal is fat loss?

HST should not be altered according to caloric intake. Although you will notice decrements in performance when calories and/or carbs are very low, the training stimulus will still be optimized when the program is followed as outlined. While calories are high, the program will optimize the anabolic effects of feeding. While dieting, the program will minimize the catabolic effects of starving (i.e.dieting).

In reality, nutrition should be optimized for the desired goal, then left alone regardless of the training regimen. HST principles optimize the training stimulus. Now, if you go on a fat loss diet and eat too few calories, HST will prevent as much muscle loss as possible because it is optimized for muscle growth. If you are trying to gain weight, HST is still optimized for muscle growth, so HST will ensure the greatest possible gains with a mass building diet.

Here is the only thing I would recommend as far as adjusting the diet:

The purpose of the 15's and early 10's is to flush the tissue with lactic acid and create and accumulation of oxidative byproducts in the cells. In order to optimize this you must be eating a fair amount of carbs. When you eat a lot of carbs the muscle will burn a lot of glycogen, creating lactic acid and producing the desired effect (enhanced tendon strength and functional oxidative capacity). When you get into the heavy 5's and negatives the carbs should come down a bit. Insulin sensitivity declines as muscle damage increases. I would say about 30% carbs during the really heavy weeks is sufficient to support growth.

Back