Genetic Potential

Onemorerep,

If you don't mind:

How long you been at it ?

Natural ?

What are you weight and other measurements ?

Mine below because I feel funny asking without telling.

ht 68"
wrist 7"
ankle 8.5"

wt 172
chest 43
forearm 12
bicep 14.5
waist 34
neck 17
thigh 21.75
calf 14.5

I estimate about 12 % bodyfat, I have a six pack but looking nothing like the definition I see in pictures.

7 months lifting, 4 months serious(but still not very strong), 1st cycle HST on 1st week of 5s, no drugs yet(not sure if I will).

I've been training for bout 4 yrs now. HST/SERIOUS training on and off for maybe 1.5 yrs now.

i'm natural yes.

not completely sure of my other measurements right now.

my measurements are close to yours tho aside from the fact my joints are smaller, waist as well.

i might post measurements at the edn of this cycle mind u they'd be pretty low as i'm cutting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GiNormousMonstertobe @ June 27 2005,2:50)]Zoomz,
That is what I am looking for.
I am similar in size potential according to Butt's article, 68, 7, 8.5".  So I am looking for what I can reasonably expect to see.  If you don't mind sharing the following.
How long have you been bodybuilding ?
What are your all time bests for those measurements so far as far as you know ?
For diet, I have heard so many contradictory things that I am just consuming as much as I possibly can without throwing up (about 4000 to 5000 calories per day) with the highest amount of protein that is reasonable, probably about 2 to 3 g per pound.  I rely heavily on the protein powders and mix with only a little milk, the one I use claims to have something which helps digestion and it feels like it does.  Hard to believe there is a true marketing claim but that is my experience.  Strangely all that food does not seem to be making me that much bigger or fatter.
Try the spreadsheet; it'll give you some idea on potential.

I started training in 1980, competed 1984-1988 in open classes but i was natural. Just doing HST for the last year or so with great results.

As to measurements I am off about 2" from all time best weighing in at 171 at 6 1/2%. I'll be happy with 8-9% by fall.

5000 calories??
butbut.gif
I've been there and it wasn't a pretty picture; I think the eating for size is excellent.
Just keep adding till you gain; there is no magic. If I were you I would spend a little time over at Lyle's web site for nutrition and see what he says.

Zoomz,

Thanks,

Pretty close to Butt's prediction.

Lyle's sight is wannabebig ?

Reading the eating for size link. The example diets look like a starvation diet to me. I've never purchased a 6 oz can of tunafish, or separated a yoke.

I think I may have been on a low-carb diet by accident however.

Have tried to change that after reading. This is subjective, but adding carbs makes me feel a little tired. Too early to tell if there is any weight gain from it.

I hate percentages but I try to get at least 50% carbs and 25-30% for protein and keep fats around 50g/d. I tried Lyles UD2 last year and felt sluggish and tired on my Hi carb refeed but looked really good Sat morning and ready for great workout anyways I try and eat approx. 70% of total carbs around workouts, i do 2 workouts a day.

Hi folks, new guy here. I think I have a strange body. Im 6'1, my upper body is wide with thin bones lower body is rather thik. my calfs naturaly are 16.5", though my upper arms measure just 14".

Here is my stuff with max measurements:

ankle: 9.5"
wrists: 7"
Height" 73"
max lbs
A - .962
B - .941
C - 1.492
weight (at ~8% bodyfat) = 59.8C(1.5A + B)
= 212lbs

not bad, that means I gotta gain 35lbs of muscle and loose 23lbs of fat. Im 200/20% right now.
---------------------

max measurements:

At ~8% bodyfat:

chest = 20.03C(A + B)
biceps = 14.42BC
forearms = 11.54BC
neck = 14.25BC
thighs = 20.63AC
calfs = 13.95AC

A - .971
B - .919
c - 1.290

Ches - 49"
biceps = 17.1
fa - 13.7
neck - 16.9
thighs - 26
calfs - 17.47

This looks doable, although im afraid my puny 11" forarms will never change
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ June 25 2005,3:22)]Zoomz, you don't remember where Bryan put the calculator developed from that formula do you?
I had it marked but I guess I deleted it from my bookmarks.
Anyway GINorm, Bryan took the Formula from the Butt's article Zommz is pointing to and the one from Sandow and incorporated it here into the site somewhere. Maybe somebody will remember where and point you to it.
Hi guys,

Here's the HST version of the calculator.

HS:MAXIMUM Size calculator

There it is, Bryan is there any way you can add a button somewhere for it?

Dan

Back