First Time Negs WOW!!!!!

Spyke

I just finished my first all neg workout a few hours ago,

Here is what i did

1 set of 5 reps using slightly more then my 5 rep max. I was able to pump out about 4 reps.

Then I added weight (approx 25%) and pumped out 5 negs.

I only did
bench, mil press, dips, chins, squats and calves

Does this sound like an OK way to do it? I really feel it already and I know I'm gonna be sore for the next couple days. I am planning on doing this again in 48 hours and increasing the weight for the negs a bit, weather I am sore or not. That will be my plan for the next 2 weeks (just increase weight every 48 hours).

Is this cool?:confused:

I wouldn't do the bench on the same day as dips, I would alterate them.

I would also do just neg's, you can use more weight.

I use my 2 RM, bust out two full reps and then two three more negative only. For some movements (like chins) I try to progress further to negative only, but I think it's especially important to do some lightweight metabolic reps if you do this.

When doing the metabolic set, should I do them right after the neg set (seems like that could make you too tired to really hit the negs)...or do I do all my negs and then go back and do all my metabolic sets?

I had great success last cycle doing a high rep set immediately after my last set of negs for each exercise. You might want to check out some of Vicious' tips for doing this. Partials done using the same weight can give you a real burn but you need to read his guidelines so you 'do it right.' :)

I also agree with Liegelord about alternating bench and dips when doing negs. I didn't do that last cycle and found my w/o was getting too long as I needed a bit more rest between sets when doing 5s and negs.  On this cycle I will be alternating several exercises to keep my total w/o time down. I am starting 15s with 12 exercises but will drop that down to around 8 by the time I hit 5s. This way all my w/os will take less than an hour.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spyke @ Jan. 16 2006,12:23)]When doing the metabolic set, should I do them right after the neg set (seems like that could make you too tired to really hit the negs)...or do I do all my negs and then go back and do all my metabolic sets?
Do your entire workout, then do the metabolic work at the very end. You could even do it the next day, if you are only working out three times a week, but I like doing it after the workout better, otherwise you may not be very motivated the next day. Negatives can really beat the crap out of you.

Back