Extending HST timelines

Gethuge

I've been a HIT devotee for several years and have been pleased with the results. But hey....always looking for the "miracle" so I'm trying out HST. :)

Anyways guys my question is this: would it be reasonable to assume that if each rep range in HST was extended until the trainee was actually going to total positive failure for the last couple of days in each range then the results achieved would be greater? I'm thinking that, since hypertrohphy would have occured since starting the cycle the muscles would be stronger and therefore capable of greater maximum lifts for each rep range by even the 3rd or 4th week of each cycle. Therefore the "maximum" that you would have tested at the beginning would no longer truly be a maximum.

Also, the body doesn't progress linearly. I think HST needs to be adjusted to take into account those times when the body is capable of greater/faster progress. True? Any opinions?

I'm not an HST expert, but it's okay to come close to failure (or be unable to do a rep) at the end of each 2-week microcycle. If you were bulking, you should be able to hit all of your maxes. Failing really doesn't do as much for growth as some people think.

Back